Is Cubecart compatible with any ePOS systems?

RossF1984

Hi,

My Wifes store has both a physical store and an online Cubecart store. She wants to be able to hold one inventory that updates when a sale is made either via the website or via the till.

Is anyone aware of such a solution? @Noodleman I think you had a post mentioning this before but I am unable to find it.

Thanks in advance!

Ross

I hope you find a solution.

My thoughts would be that the ePOS would need to access CubeCart's database to update stock levels. That, of course, would need a developer to look into how the ePOS could be modified to access a database other than its own.

Then, so that CubeCart will always pull a current stock level from its database, some queries would need to be modified to never use CubeCart's cache. Those edits are easily do-able.

I think a decision would need to be made as to which database, the ePOS's or CubeCart's, will be the main and which will be the follower. CubeCart could be programmed to access the ePOS's database for the main inventory value (but product option matrix inventory levels would be problematic).

I built a till system on to the back end of CubeCart - so it's doeable!

I would love to make it available for others one day. I have the vision of a till system that can integrate with any e-commerce platform. And is also your accounting system too.

I have done lots of the work - but its going to be the end of the year before I can do anymore work on it now.

12 hours ago, RossF1984 said:

Hi,

My Wifes store has both a physical store and an online Cubecart store. She wants to be able to hold one inventory that updates when a sale is made either via the website or via the till.

Is anyone aware of such a solution? @Noodleman I think you had a post mentioning this before but I am unable to find it.

Thanks in advance!

Ross

Morning,

You want to start with a list of features you need from both systems, then figure out what data needs to be shared. I've assisted with Quickbooks POS integration previously, but that might not be a good fit for you.

Does the till system you have in place already scan barcodes and report back to a system? IE, log the sales / inventory etc?

I did build an integration with Lynworks for CubeCart, this may be able to do some of what you need depending on your requirements. 
https://www.linnworks.com/

and

https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/external-software/linnworks-net-channel-module-for-cubecart

The module has zero cost as the service itself uses a subscription model via Linnworks directly. 

I would start with a detailed list of what you need from any solution, then it helps cross reference against potential solutions.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies!

@Noodleman She hasn't actually purchased anything yet but has been looking. I want to ensure that what she buys is intergratable (Is that a word?!?) with CubeCart. Any idea of what your previous customers have used? I have looked to see if QuickBooks POS is available from Intuit but can't see anything.

@Christopher Short What systems do you use for QuickBooks POS? My wife currently uses QuickBooks for her accounting. Do we need to contact Intuit or is this a 3rd party epos system using QuickBooks software?

It's all very confusing!!!! XD

16 minutes ago, RossF1984 said:

Thanks for the replies!

@Noodleman She hasn't actually purchased anything yet but has been looking. I want to ensure that what she buys is intergratable (Is that a word?!?) with CubeCart. Any idea of what your previous customers have used? I have looked to see if QuickBooks POS is available from Intuit but can't see anything.

@Christopher Short What systems do you use for QuickBooks POS? My wife currently uses QuickBooks for her accounting. Do we need to contact Intuit or is this a 3rd party epos system using QuickBooks software?

It's all very confusing!!!! XD

QuickBooks pos is the one I use. 

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/desktop/point-of-sale/

3 minutes ago, RossF1984 said:

Apologies, are you in the UK? Everytime I search for QuickBooks POS it takes me to the US site. :( Wasnt sure whether it was available in the UK.

Im us based, though I am sure they can make it work in the UK. You should open a chat with them to confirm as I dont know requirements you need. 

Archived