Images broken in CC storefront

jvbh

Hi there — my client is having an issue with his store (www.heyday-mo.com); here's his description of what happened:

I was working on the site adding products, and all was fine until suddenly I couldn't upload images. I checked the file manager and clicked on images, but it's now a blank page. Seems like a link of some kind has broken. I've tried clearing the cache, but still nothing  comes up. The images are all still present in the catalogue, except for the product where things stopped working. I looked in the error log and it looks like something has happened with the PHP. 

I definitely think it's something to do with the uploaded image. The image was ticked to say it had uploaded, but then nothing happened and the list of images in file manager disappeared.

The image was apparently just a jpeg, so I don't see how that could have caused such an issue... products can still be added, but the images don't display. Any ideas? The site is using 6.2.9; the Cubecart install was up to date at the tine of the issue and has not been updated since. 

That's a known issue:

https://github.com/cubecart/v6/issues/2431
https://github.com/cubecart/v6/issues/2443

Until your hosting provider changes your hosting environment to include WEBP images, this edit will remove the statements causing this error. The downside is that you must not use 'webp' type images.

In /classes/gd.class.php, lines 118 and 205:

$this->_gdImageSource = imagecreatefromwebp($file);

To:
// $this->_gdImageSource = imagecreatefromwebp($file);

$this->_gdImageSource = imagewebp($im, $file, $this->_gdJpegQuality);

To:
// $this->_gdImageSource = imagewebp($im, $file, $this->_gdJpegQuality);

Ah, so it was the file type! What is the best way to fix it? Will deleting the product listing be sufficient to take care of the issue?
(Update — I deleted the problem item, but the image problem remains; images still don't appear after uploading)

Archived