need help with config update

Bad Wolf

I had to move servers this week. Got all site files in and I got the database in without issue.
I need to update the configuration for the database to match what the server had me do.  Database name change, database user name change and password

Here is a copy of the link to the issue. I'm sure when I resolve this another error will pop up so I'll come back one step at a time.
Obviously I have removed sensitive info with the words [mysite] or [myself]

Fatal error: Access denied for user 'MYSELF'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/MYDIRECTORY/domains/MYSITE.net/public_html/cubecart/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 42

I run forums and fixing this in the system config.php file is easy. I have no idea where to find this in the CubeCart. Well I can see the files in the URL... I can't find something similar to the forum example I mention.

1 hour ago, havenswift-hosting said:

Database and other configuration is in the includes/global.inc.php file

Ian

OMG thank you! now to go feed the gremlins because they're on high alert throughout this whole week making this migration a living hell. The simple tasks are even taking hours. Ugh.

The same error is happening that I show in the URL in the original post.

Line 42 of that file says:

trigger_error($this->_db_connect_id->connect_error, E_USER_ERROR);

I have cleared cache and everything.
I get this if I try to go directly to the admin control panel too.

"Access denied for user 'MYSELF'@'localhost' (using password: YES)"

This is a message from the database server itself. So, we know that PHP is able to reach the database server, but either: the logon authentication method for MYSELF is something other than a simple password, or the database server is configured such that MYSELF must connect via a "unix-socket", an actual IP address, or machine name - as opposed to 'localhost' even though the server seems to be locally available, or the password is wrong.

You may need to get your hosting provider involved.

31 minutes ago, bsmither said:

"Access denied for user 'MYSELF'@'localhost' (using password: YES)"

This is a message from the database server itself. So, we know that PHP is able to reach the database server, but either: the logon authentication method for MYSELF is something other than a simple password, or the database server is configured such that MYSELF must connect via a "unix-socket", an actual IP address, or machine name - as opposed to 'localhost' even though the server seems to be locally available, or the password is wrong.

You may need to get your hosting provider involved.

Interesting. Thank you.

I know I have the correct info in there. I don't know why it wont' work. The forums that are unrelated to this site are fine and working. it should be a simple matter of that config file update. My gremlins have been hard at work this week making things I CAN do most difficult.

If you copy/pasted, via mouse-swipe, the password from some other web page, you may have inadvertently picked up an invisible character (tab, etc).

Perhaps, in /includes/global.inc.php, entering the password manually may help - avoids copying over unwanted bytes.

6 minutes ago, bsmither said:

If you copy/pasted, via mouse-swipe, the password from some other web page, you may have inadvertently picked up an invisible character (tab, etc).

Perhaps, in /includes/global.inc.php, entering the password manually may help - avoids copying over unwanted bytes.

You are awesome!
It was the wrong password! for some reason I gave it the wrong one but good thing I took a screenshot of the completion announcement. And it now works.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Archived