Please Help - Review snippets issue detected - message from google

RedKite

I got a message from google telling me that there was an issue with review snippets on my site.

It says "Missing field : 'itemReviewed' - I am using the Foundation 1.0 skin under cubecart 6.2.9

Should I be using a plugin as well or is my skin too old to support this?

Are you using an old modified version of the foundation skin or are you using the latest version supplied with 6.2.9 ?

It could be that there are no reviews for that product - in which case it is only a warning.

There is this plugin which adds many more snippets to a site and is definitely worth all sites having - https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/plugins/google-pinterest-schema-org-microdata-plugin

Thanks

Ian

Thanks Ian,  it's as I feared. I am using a modified skin.
I never managed to understand how to make the changes I wanted without modifying the original files. I knew doing so would come back to bite me.

Any pointers to which of the templates and files I will need to update to fix this?

The best way forward would be

1) Use a file comparison program to compare your current modified skin with the foundation skin as it was originally from the version of CubeCart that you started from - this will give you a complete list of all changes you made

2) Start with the 6.2.9 version of foundation skin - then make any / all required changes again

3) When new versions of CubeCart come out check each for any skin changes and then make those to your modified foundation - that way your modified version will always have any bug fixes and new functionality added

4) Use the Microdata plugin I recommended 

Ian

Archived