Few Queries

jdmtom

Morning All, 

Recently got a shop set up using CubeCart. There are a few things I am in need of help with though. 

1. The stock paypal extension seems slow. It hangs for around 60 seconds when completing the purchase. Whilst this is not a massive issue as the transaction still goes through. It is not great for the customer experience. Does any one know what may cause this ?

2. At the check out, It has the Notes field. I would like to change the name of this and make it a required field. How would I go about doing this ?

Thanks in advance !

Hi @jdmtom

1. This isn't something I have heard about before. Is it ongoing? I doubt there is anything that can be done to speed it up.
2. You can change the text for it in the "Languages" section of the admin control panel. To make it required just add a "required" attribute to the textarea in the template file or edit the JS validation file https://github.com/cubecart/v6/blob/6.2.0-branch/skins/foundation/js/3.cubecart.validate.js for #checkout_form.

Hi @Al Brookbanks

Thanks for the info so far - 

1. It seems to be consistant on all orders, clicking complete seems to hang for a while. I will try a different paypal extension and see what happens. 

2. Change text - excellant thank you very much ! 
Where would I be able find the textarea in the template file ( I might just be being stupid on this one)

Thanks again !

If using the Foundation skin, using a programmer's text editor, open the template content.checkout.confirm.php.

About 10 lines up from the bottom, find a <textarea> for "delivery_comments".

Add into the tag resulting in:

<textarea name="comments" id="delivery_comments" required  placeholder="{$LANG.form.required}">{$VAL_CUSTOMER_COMMENTS}</textarea>

Archived