Want to add reCAPTCHA, but not working properly in CCv.6.0.11

BooJewels

Hello, long time no post.  My site has been ticking over by itself for a while and I've been looking after customers, but due to domestic circumstances, I've put minimal effort into anything other than fulfilling orders.  I'm getting a lot of junk sign ups and form responses, so want to engage reCAPTCHA in the hope it will save wear and tear on my delete key. 

I signed up at Google (V2 and V3, neither work properly) and enabled it in the site settings and added the keys.  But whilst I get a box outline with 'Verify you are human' below the contact and register forms (see below), there's nothing to tick and the form submission obviously fails.  So I've disabled it again for the moment.

I'm using CubeCart v.6.0.11 and have my own modded version of the e-Tone (grey) skin.  From my reading so far, it sounds like this might be a skin issue and looking at the files 'content.recaptcha.php' from my own skin and the Foundation skin - they're very different in content - my skin is only about 6 short lines and the Foundation version much more extensive and appears to contain a long string like the Google key.

I know that there was a mod to the e-Tone skin in respect of reCAPTCHA, but I've done so much work on it, that I don't want to upgrade anything on the site just at the moment.  My brain has turned to mush in the intervening months and I'm struggling to re-aquaint myself with how the site works and even where my correct files are on my hard drive.

Could I do something as simple as using the Foundation skin file 'content.recaptcha.php' in place of the much shorter version that is in my own skin (or maybe just that one file from the updated version) - or would that really break things?

Any assistance would be appreciated - although I hope I understand your replies, as I'm finding it quite overwhelming today and furious with myself for not being able to remember better.

recaptchaformpage_15072020.png

Smashing, thank you very much.

I did try the new e-Tone 'content.recaptcha.php' file in place of the original one in use, which seemed to be the same content as the Foundation skin version, but various combinations of keys etc. didn't make any difference, I got the same box and wording as above, which didn't change and stopped the forms being sent at all.  I'd already worked through other solutions I'd found in posts, but had already been addressed and weren't the solution.  My personal knowledge is very limited, but I can read and search, but I'm stumped now.

I'm just off to bed as it's almost midnight, but I'll check back in the morning.  Goodnight.

I have compiled a list of edits needed to add current (as of CC629) reCaptcha functionality to CC6011, as well as edits to e-Tone to render reCaptcha V2 (visible and invisible).

I have not extensively tested it, but am confident it will work.

If you are still interested, post a PM with your email address.

Archived