Phrkd

Cubecart States Hosting Not Compatible

Posted (edited)

Hi, I'm trying to install the latest version of cubecart on to an ubuntu 18.04 host. (I already have a working cubecart install on an identical host.) For some reason I am getting the following message when at the install screen:

The following errors were detected:

Obviously this isn't right as I have an identical setup running cubecart and that has been working fine for over a year now. Can anyone give me some insight into how I can remedy this issue? There is nothing to tell me why the hosting is incompatible (when I know it works on another identical host) which doesn't really help.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

EDIT: I have just tried to install an older version of cubecart (6.2.5) and this has not complained and has installed correctly, however, now when I try to upgrade, it now tells me that hosting is incompatible again. ???

Also as a side note the link that is given for manual upgrading is broken (https://support.cubecart.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/228/43/how-do-i-upgrade-from-cubecart-v6-to-latest-v6)

Edited by Phrkd
Update

It should tell you what PHP extensions are missing in red.

56 minutes ago, Phrkd said:

Obviously this isn't right as I have an identical setup running cubecart and that has been working fine for over a year now.

Just because it is with the same hosting company, doesnt mean that two different accounts will be configured in exactly the same way.  You might be on different servers which might be configured differently but most likely you are running different PHP versions or simply havent enabled some of the required PHP extensions which you should be able to do yourself

Ian

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, havenswift-hosting said:

Just because it is with the same hosting company, doesnt mean that two different accounts will be configured in exactly the same way.  You might be on different servers which might be configured differently but most likely you are running different PHP versions or simply havent enabled some of the required PHP extensions which you should be able to do yourself

Ian

No, the VPS is exactly the same as the other one. I know this because I built both boxes from scratch and used the same guide to install cubecart.

1 hour ago, Al Brookbanks said:

It should tell you what PHP extensions are missing in red.

There are no php functions missing, every version installs without problem except the newest version. However I now keep getting a 404 error page for anything I click on other than the store home page, I've checked my .htaccess config which appears to be correct... looks like its going to be one of those Mondays.... I've attached a screenshot, curl is installed (not sure why it thinks it's not) this makes no difference when installing older versions.

Screenshot at 2020-07-20 12-59-55.png

Edited by Phrkd

1 hour ago, Phrkd said:

No, the VPS is exactly the same as the other one. I know this because I built both boxes from scratch and used the same guide to install cubecart.

Quite obviously it isnt, or it would be working. 😀

Your own image very clearly shows that cURL isnt installed 

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, havenswift-hosting said:

Quite obviously it isnt, or it would be working. 😀

Your own image very clearly shows that cURL isnt installed 

Quite obviously it is, I've been a hosting provider for 10+ years, thanks. I didn't come here for an argument,  I came for advice.

php7.2-curl is already the newest version (7.2.32-1+ubuntu18.04.1+deb.sury.org+1).

It is also enabled. Yet here I am... with it saying it's not installed, as per the screenshot.

33 minutes ago, Lastwolf said:

cURL isn't installed or enabled.

# phpenmod curl
# service apache2 restart

I have checked and double checked thank you, it is installed and enabled.

Looks like it's time to wipe and repeat...

Edited by Phrkd

When running the /setup/index.php script, CubeCart makes a test with this statement: extension_loaded('curl')

The environment may have cURL installed, but does PHP see it?

Create a phpinfo() script and look for the curl table.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, bsmither said:

When running the /setup/index.php script, CubeCart makes a test with this statement: extension_loaded('curl')

The environment may have cURL installed, but does PHP see it?

Create a phpinfo() script and look for the curl table.

Hi bsmither, thanks but I decided to nuke the server and start from scratch, everything worked this time, almost... I think I'm just having a bad day, everything has installed correctly now but I'm stuck with 404 errors for everything bar the admin panel and the front page. I've enabled mod_rewrite and confirmed the contents of my .htaccess file, but no joy. *bangs head on desk* Maybe it's time to go to the beer fridge..

Edited by Phrkd

From personal experience, I forgot to configure the web server to allow for .htaccess overriding directives.

So, even though the .htaccess file was correct, the web server wasn't honoring those rewrite directives.

If you have a mind to, open the browser's network panel in Developer's Tools. Then ask for the page /index.php?_a=product&product_id=1

You should see the network log show a 301 bounce response with a new location, a seo-friendly web address, for the page. Of course, the friendly seo path needs to be rewritten into index.php?seo_path=whatever according to the rules in .htaccess - which you can also try requesting directly.

Posted (edited)

looking at the compatibility check should the check also have flagged the mysql version?🤔 as it needs 5.5+ min and you seem to be running 5.0.12-dev from 2005? 

Edited by iant

Posted (edited)

The results says it is requesting the server version, but in fact the test is asking PHP for its installed extension client version (mysqli_get_client_info()).

Note that mysqli_get_server_info() requires a connection to the database server, which at this point in the setup, PHP does not have the needed info (unless maybe already configured in the php.ini file).

Edited by bsmither

15 minutes ago, bsmither said:

The results says it is requesting the server version, but in fact the test is asking PHP for its installed extension client version

This is a common error