Checkout problems persist

vidmarc

1) Customers are not able to complete the checkout process, i.e. they are not taken to Paypal from the website, or they are taken there but still cannot complete the process, or the payment just doesn't go through. 

2) Customers are completing the checkout process, the money is going through in Paypal, but the site itself is not recognizing it. The orders sit at "pending". And we have it set so that orders that don't go through eventually just get cancelled. So it's happened that I've had to refund customers' money who kept making orders thinking that their initial payments hadn't gone through. 

While these problems are not happening very frequently, it's concerning to me that this is still happening at all even after updates to the payment modules. And as these issues seem to be at the heart of what went wrong a few months ago when we had a pre-order event, I am not confident that we won't just have the same issue if we try it again. 

Any suggestions?

Even with the latest PayPal Commerce Platform 1.3.16 installed, I'm still seeing these Request Log errors.

Error: cURL Error (22): The requested URL returned error: 400 Bad Request

Response received (400 - Bad Request)

I have no idea what it means, or what exactly is causing it. Anyone?

An error such as this (200, 301, 302, 404, 500, etc) is sent by the web server that received the request asking for info (typically, a web page). Additionally, the actual script that the web server tells the server machine to run can instruct the web server to send back a specific response code.

So, for reasons unknown, this web server (or script running on the server box) at PayPal does not like something about the request.

If the reason can be discerned, perhaps there may be a log at PayPal listing what happened. (But I would not know if this log exists.)

Archived