PayPal Commerce platform oddity

Robin Somes

CC6.2.9 / All In One Shipping 1.0.16 / Facebook 1.0.1 / PayPal Commerce Platform 1.3.10 / PayPal standard commerce platform 1.08 (disabled) / ProductAddons 1.0.12 / SagePay 1.0.11

Site: piscesconservation.com/cube

I'm seeing some odd behaviour with the PayPal Commerce Platform. Looking at the Order Summary tab for some orders, the Shipping Information field states Gateway: paypal commerce, while on other orders, the field is blank (comparison, see Example 1 below).

For each order, I get a PayPal email, but the emails are different. When Gateway: paypal commerce is present on the order summary, the PayPal email is from <[email protected]>; with the sub-title "You've Received New Funds!" (Example 2 below). When there's no gateway  information on the order summary, the email comes from {Customer Name} via PayPal <[email protected]>, and the email is a completely different format. (Example 3).

When there's no gateway information on the order summary, it is also missing from the detailed sales report information available as a .csv download from the Reports section of CubeCart (Example 4).

In all cases, the payments come through to PayPal OK. However, there's a correlation with the information in the detailed transaction logs from PayPal. Orders which do have Gateway: paypal commerce on the CC order summary do not have data in the From Email Address and Contact Phone Number fields of the PayPal transaction log.

Orders for which those two fields are filled in the PayPal log do not have Gateway: paypal commerce on the CubeCart order summary.

And, orders where the From Email Address and Contact Phone Number fields of the PayPal transaction log are filled, do not have data in the Receipt ID field. And vice versa - see Example 5.

It's all a bit confusing...

Example1.gifExample2.gifExample3.gif

Example4.gif

Example5.gif

I've added an extra level of complexity as I have a sage payment module which can also use Paypal so i might be misinterpreting the "capture ID" to mean more than it does.

Paypal commerce doesn't appear where phone number is "disabled", I think that's only and option if you are using the card capture system, paypal doesn't really require you to give and email or phone number to use that. So maybe my original theory is correct?

20 minutes ago, Lastwolf said:

As pointed out in the other thread about commerce plugin, I was a version behind. This might be the issue :D

1.3.16 - Corrected array name on phone variable form order retrieval.

As it turns out, so am I! Not sure how those 6 updated versions escaped my attention. Just updated; I'll wait and see what difference that makes.

Archived