Digital Product Options - mp3 or wav

Cpup

Hi,

I have a record label website and selling my music directly, but I want my customers to be able to choose between mp3 or wav.

I've tried creating 2 identical products with different product codes, one visible (wav) and the other hidden (mp3).

When I select the product and choose mp3 and do a test purchase, I get the (wav) product still?

Is there a hook or an extension that can do this? The product options only seems to cater for tangeable items that require shipping.

Thanks...

Generally speaking, as regards CubeCart, a digital product is a fixed entity. Product Options can be assigned to the digital product, but as such, only options that do not change that entity.

Is there some policy reason outside of your control that prevents you from zipping up both the mp3 and the wav files into one download?

(As an aside, I am 99% done with enhancing CubeCart so that one product can contain multiple digital files. This allows, for example, one to sell an "album" of several files - each file independently downloadable.)

On 8/2/2020 at 1:20 AM, bsmither said:

(As an aside, I am 99% done with enhancing CubeCart so that one product can contain multiple digital files. This allows, for example, one to sell an "album" of several files - each file independently downloadable.)

There used to be a commercial "mod" for CubeCart 3 that worked well where a digital file could be assigned against a product option but this was never ported to V5 / V6 (developer no longer involved in CubeCart) so if you are creating a plugin to provide this functionality that would be great

Ian

Archived