Import code snippets

fabriceunko

Hello, I have a problem when I want to import a snippet.

I go to ‘HOOKS then import snippets, I click browse and the I have two things, 1 blank page with this marked

Joe Shmoe http://www.example.com 1 [email protected] Displays test on screen controller.admin <?php echo "test"; ?> 1.0.0 1 1 [email protected] Displays test2 on screen with lower priority. controller.admin <?php echo "test2"; ?> 1.0.0 2

And a browser window to get my code snippets.

And even if I select it and click on open, I stay on the blank page above

My only way to get back to the administrator is to go back from page to page

The [Browse...] button is a browser supplied button that is shown for <input type="file"> form elements. Clicking on it should open an operating system (Windows, Mac, Linux) dialog window titles "File Upload" where you pick the file to be listed just under the button.

The Joe Schmoe content you are referring to is from the link in the help phrase:

An example of an import XML feed can be found here.

The word 'here' is a link to a sample XML document.

I recommend that you have the browser open the link in a new window.

My Firefox shows the contents of the sample XML document below the phrase:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

Your browser may not show the XML structure in any meaningful way.

The problem is, I can't. As soon as I click on browse I have the sentence above a window that opens and it doesn't go any further.

When I put the mouse over the word here, I have the link that goes to the page

https://santonspeyroncampagna.com/boutique/santons-de-provence/peyron-campagna/docs/examples/code_snippet_import.xml

but if I go to 'search for XML file' it does the same to me.

There is nothing wrong with the HTML code for that admin page, so clicking the [Browse...] button should not also change the page's content.

"I have the sentence above a window that opens"

You are saying that clicking the [Browse...] button does more than just present you with a "File Open" dialog box?

Yes, if I click on the browse button I have a white window that covers with the sentence

Joe Shmoe http://www.example.com 1 [email protected] Displays test on screen controller.admin <?php echo "test"; ?> 1.0.0 1 1 [email protected] Displays test2 on screen with lower priority. controller.admin <?php echo "test2"; ?> 1.0.0 2

and in addition I have a window that opens allowing me to import the XML file but if I import the page remains on the blank page with the sentence

I can't do anything.

hook-erreur.jpg.b317f06665a46f2a3523edc38c9cf349.jpg

if I click on what is underlined in red I have the blank page with ‘Joe etc etc)

And if I click on anything framed in brown it does the same to me

I'll have to go to work, tonight I'll be your answer. thank you

Ok, there is something wrong with the code in your installation. ONLY the word 'ici' is to be the link.

Perhaps the problem is here:

Open the French language XML file /languages/fr-FR.xml in a programmer's text editor.

Scroll to:

<group name="hooks">

Then scroll to:

<string name="example_code_snippet_xml" introduced="5.2.0"><![CDATA[Un exemple d’un flux XML d’importation peuvent être trouvées <a href="docs/examples/code_snippet_import.xml"> ici </ a>. S’il vous plaît utilisez le lien «Aide» pour plus d’informations.]]></string>

Change to:

<string name="example_code_snippet_xml" introduced="5.2.0"><![CDATA[Un exemple d’un flux XML d’importation peuvent être trouvées <a href="docs/examples/code_snippet_import.xml"> ici </a>. S’il vous plaît utilisez le lien «Aide» pour plus d’informations.]]></string>

The change fixes what may be an HTML syntax error in the language phrase, from </ a> to </a>.

Then, have CubeCart clear its internal cache.

Perhaps that section of the language pack was databased.

If so, in admin, Languages, click the Edit icon for the French language. On the next page, choose Hooks from the drop-down selector. In the list that will appear, find 'example_code_snippet_xml'. Click on those exact words. This makes the text entry field editable.

Does a "clock" icon (might look like a stop-watch) appear next to the text entry field?

Click once in the text entry field and move the cursor to cause the text in the field to scroll so that you can see the word ici. Does the following tag look like:

</ a>
or
</a>

Regardless, make sure it looks like </a>.

Save and have CubeCart clear its internal cache.

Archived