Adding audio clip in product panel

Cpup

Hi,

I would like to add an audio clip for customers to audition before purchase. At the moment I'm embedding tracks from soundcloud in the description.

I'm creating a wave  audio player and want to use it for each product. Is there a way of doing this?

The pic is where I would like it to go if possible.

add_audio.JPG.a2a5c6387b405ff5e71d16598c3b8762.JPG

add_audio2.JPG.b13300a8c33981454cc6bc7b7d597a0c.JPG

Thanks @bsmither. Good to know there was or is an extension. I'm hoping to use my own waveform player if possible though, rather than the basic html audio player like the one in HindiKaraokeShop.com.

I've created a test shop and might play around with that to see if it's possible.

"I want to use an audio player for each product. Is there a way of doing this?"

We might need a bit more information.

But getting the player javascript code in the skin shouldn't be a problem, nor adding the <div> block to identify where the player should show.

The skin has already has been provided with the product_id, so being able to call up the audio snippet by product_id will work.

What additional advice would you like to have?

I downloaded a waveplayer which is perfect, but don't know where to start when placing it in the product panel or in the admin side. Would it be a 'Browse file' or taken from the digital file tab. I can send you the player to give you a better idea of what's required?

You mentioned wanting to use the JustWave Project.

For the benefit of other forum visitors, this utility's purpose is to style a replacement object for the HTML 5 <audio> element, complete with a PNG graphic of the audio source's waveform (and/or a background image) with a controllable cursor. Note: creating the waveform PNG graphic image requires the use of the ffmpeg library to be available on the server, and that PHP be able to call the executable using exec().

It's an interesting hack.

• 3 months later...

@bsmitherI now have ffmpeg installed on a vps server. Is there a way to implement the waveplayer? I'm still running on 6.2.9 because of all the changes made to be able to add different music files in product options, so a bit dubious about upgrading to the latest version, so if there's a way to do the same in 6.4.2 it would be very much appreciated.

Yes I still have the emails.

I looked into implementing the same changes by starting a new store under a test domain with 6.4.1, but content.downloads.php is different from 6.2.9, mainly because of the streaming part of the file.

I must admit I got a bit lost. I'm not sure if the rest of the files are different?

I've made quite a few changes to the foundation skin as some parts wouldn't change using cubecart.default.css no matter what I tried? Schoolboy error, I know...

Archived