Restore from previoius hosting fails

poolboy

Hi All

I have moved hosting providers and the old provider is not being at all helpful in getting my store moved to the new hosts.

I have tried restoring my last backup to the new hosting but it comes up with the following error.

"Error Log

### START RESTORE LOG - (01 Jul 2020 - 08:15:49) ### ./includes/global.inc.php - Content after extract doesn't match source ./includes/global.inc.php-2020022022208.php - Missing but expected after extract -- Errors were found which may indicate that the source archive has not been extracted successfully. It is recommended that a manual restore is performed. ### END RESTORE LOG ###

Any idea on how I can get this backup to work correctly?

6 minutes ago, poolboy said:

I have moved hosting providers and the old provider is not being at all helpful in getting my store moved to the new hosts.

Not sure too many businesses would offer help after you have made the decision to leave them ?  Your new hosting company should however have offered to do the whole move for you so are they offering help ?

What hosting control panel were you on and what are you going to ? For example if both are cPanel, then it is simple to move the whole account across using a cpmove backup file.  How was the backup file created you are trying to move ?

Ian

18 hours ago, havenswift-hosting said:

Not sure too many businesses would offer help after you have made the decision to leave them ?  Your new hosting company should however have offered to do the whole move for you so are they offering help ?

What hosting control panel were you on and what are you going to ? For example if both are cPanel, then it is simple to move the whole account across using a cpmove backup file.  How was the backup file created you are trying to move ?

Ian

Hi Ian

The previous hosting company offered to do it for me but nothing has happened since then.

The backup is a CC6 backup created using the original hosting.

I have tried to restore this old backup to a new version of CC6 I loaded on the new hosting site.

Both are cPanel but because the site is now pointing at the new host I cannot get access to the old cPanel.

Any suggestions?

bsmithers suggestion refers to upgrades rather than restore of a backup.

Using a CubeCart backup isnt the best way of moving from one hosting to another especially if both are on cPanel !

As long as the hosting package on your old hosting is still up and hasnt been deleted, then it makes no difference that the domain points to your new host, there are multiple ways to access cPanel without going down the domain.com/cpanel route

I would not have installed CubeCart on your new hosting either as you have all the files and database (in theory) in the CubeCart backup

Ian

Archived