CBurst (Bootstrap Responsive Skin)

CubeCart Bot

• 2 months later...

• 1 month later...

I would have been interested in buying this skin, as was exactly what I was looking for.  However when I came to purchase this item via the cubecart site, I am presented with a Paypal window that states that a range of personal information including my date of birth, plus many other items of irrelevant personal data would be made available to cubecart.  Not quite sure what type of PayPal that is, as am only used to regular Paypal or Paypal Express, but needless to say I won't be allowing that level of intrusion into my privacy and I'm sure most other buyers wouldn't either.  Perhaps this is something to be looked at, as it must cost developers a large amount of lost sales?

2 hours ago, LIBERTY said:

I would have been interested in buying this skin, as was exactly what I was looking for.  However when I came to purchase this item via the cubecart site, I am presented with a Paypal window that states that a range of personal information including my date of birth, plus many other items of irrelevant personal data would be made available to cubecart.  Not quite sure what type of PayPal that is, as am only used to regular Paypal or Paypal Express, but needless to say I won't be allowing that level of intrusion into my privacy and I'm sure most other buyers wouldn't either.  Perhaps this is something to be looked at, as it must cost developers a large amount of lost sales?

Hi @LIBERTY, sorry to hear that and fully understand your concerns. 

According to CubeCarts privacy policy they only collect (name, gender, date of birth, billing address, orders and receipts, email address and IP address) in terms of personal identifying information (although additional info like locale, language and account status in relation to your PayPal account is listed when creating a buyers account) and i would agree that date of birth and gender are irrelevant.

The data they use is pretty standard when using a login service like "Connect with PayPal", its similar to when you "login with facebook or google" on a website.

Based on my understanding orders and receipts data would be those relating to your CubeCart purchases and the billing address and IP address is required due to Tax regulations as these are used to determine the amount of Tax due and as "proof" of buyer location required by the EU also for fraud prevention. Additional info requested when creating a buyer account would be personalised your account i guess if different languages are offered and to restrict buyers if their account status is bad.

Maybe @Al Brookbanks can offer some additional info to ease your concerns but fully understand your decision.

Thanks for sharing your concerns as i am sure @Al Brookbanks is always keen to know customer thoughts for future updates to the Marketplace.

Edited by NiteFox

Thanks for your detailed reply @NiteFox.  I think that in 2021 asking for a customers gender when buying a software download is somewhat inappropriate, as indeed asking for someone's date of birth.   

From a practical perspective, for those of us with Paypal business accounts, there is no way on earth we would compromise security by giving a third party confidential business data, especially with identity fraud being such an issue nowadays. In much the same way that people stay away from 'Login with Facebook' etc.

Note to @Al Brookbanks: All you need from customers for digital downloads, is a name, email address and country in line with other digital delivery.  I am sure your current setup is denying developers significant revenue, which in return is hindering future development of cubecart.

What is ironic, is that cubecart is not used in this buying process, which seems odd when Abante and other cart vendors actually use their own products to sell 'add on' products?

The way a business responds to feedback from its existing or potential customers, determines the integrity of that business.  Cubecart is a great product, but I hate to see any business venture losing out on sales.

It's never asked me for my gender or DOB : I think it's just Paypals generic terminology, all it passes to Cubecart is the same info that gets passed to you when a customers purchases off you and pays via Paypal.

The skin is fab have a look at my store (I have adapted it a bit though), in fact I'm so happy with it my daughter is going to purchase it for her store too.

https://www.inkylicious.co.uk/

54 minutes ago, Ahmad said:

i bought this skin 2 times but the download link dose not avtivate yet

Hi, Sorry to hear you're having issues downloading your purchase.

If you go to https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/buyer/login and login, you should be redirected to your account where you manage your purchases. Or once you have logged in go to https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/skins/cburst-bootstrap-responsive-skin and you should be able to use the install token and download links.

I will arrange a refund for the 2nd purchase for you.

If you still have trouble let me know.

Edited by NiteFox
spelling error

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I really love this default 'CBurst Skin' although is there any way of editing some of the colors on the menu headings and buttons and possibly even the background image ?

I'm also happy to pay for some quick edits and get a custom version for my websites cube cart skin.

Thanks in advance

Regards Malibu

• 6 months later...

I think since Nitefox handed them over they haven't been updated as Cubecart only really supports Foundation.

Since the skin I use, also hasn't been updated since it's developer went AWOL, and I wanted to add features, I figured it'd be easier to update from 6.4.3 than 6.2 whatever the hell it was made for. So, I was looking to move over Dillion and modifying that as it isn't a million miles away from what I currently use. I've been putting it off for at least a week, If it's not too hard I can have a look at upgrading these to all 6.4.10 or maybe documenting the process a bit 😃, #nopromises.

EDIT::

Yeah,

I'm 20% through just documenting this and it's 14 pages, I'm more than likely not doing this for all of them 

Edited by Lastwolf