Calling on all Royal Mail customers !

sailing123

I'm the same, spent over 4 hours copying and pasting into RM C&D to get my orders out. When I have chance I'm going to look at what info is needed in the RM CSV upload and see if I can get that info out of my Paypal sheets and use those instead, then all I would have to do is apply the postage to each order.

Hi Al, 

The APi is now available to everyone, you remember we discussed that a way back but you were too busy with the next upgrade at the time so you could not develop the plugin. Our last Live chat on the subject was on 11/12/2020.

I am in the same situation as above merchants  .... I am started to look at alternative platforms as it is now too time consuming to do all posting manually. 

An urgent integration would be extremely welcome.

Sandrine

2 minutes ago, Debyink said:

That is for importing a spreadsheet of orders to print labels in bulk. There should be a stage before this to get the shipping price via API in real time during checkout.

The Click & Drop API allows you to upload orders (placed already) to get shipping prices and print labels in bulk. What it critically doesn't do as far as I can see is to allow your store to get real time quotes for available services based on your basket. On those grounds I can't see how this solution is of any interest to a typical CubeCart merchant. 

5 hours ago, Debyink said:

I've finally got my head around this. I've started the build of a Click and Drop integration. Hopefully towards the end of the week it will be ready. 

5 hours ago, Al Brookbanks said:

The Click & Drop API allows you to upload orders (placed already) to get shipping prices and print labels in bulk. What it critically doesn't do as far as I can see is to allow your store to get real time quotes for available services based on your basket. On those grounds I can't see how this solution is of any interest to a typical CubeCart merchant. 

When using Click and Drop on a Royal Mail business account we already have set business pricing - the customer doesn't need to see this as we set a flat rate on our site. The only thing to ensure in RM C&D is the weight and posting type ie: size (Large Letter, Parcel),  1st (24) , 2nd (48) and then the service used BPL, CRL, signed for etc.

I already know how much 200 large letters at average weight 190g will cost me and the customer knows what they pay for P&P by way of a flat rate.

A new Royal Mail integration would be great.  For what its worth the way i currently use Click and Drop is...

• Run a sales report in cubecart for processing orders, then click export (saved to the watch folder for 'Click and Drop Desktop').
  • Sales report columns have been mapped (once, previously) so royal mail can read the spreadsheet.
  • Log into ClickandDrop website and all active orders are there, I then manually update weights etc (which if the better route for my scenario as i want to weigh, dictate box size etc after packing [i don't see the need for getting live prices from Royal Mail visible to the customer this can be pre-defined in your store shipping rules]).
  • Pay and print on ClickandDrop and then return to cubecart to manually change status to Complete.

My route is a few steps, but has stopped me having to manually copy and paste addresses/typos etc.

Would be great if an API could stop me manually running a sales report and could change the status in cubecart automatically. 

1 minute ago, naturalsigns said:

A new Royal Mail integration would be great.  For what its worth the way i currently use Click and Drop is...

• Run a sales report in cubecart for processing orders, then click export (saved to the watch folder for 'Click and Drop Desktop').
  • Sales report columns have been mapped (once, previously) so royal mail can read the spreadsheet.
  • Log into ClickandDrop website and all active orders are there, I then manually update weights etc (which if the better route for my scenario as i want to weigh, dictate box size etc after packing [i don't see the need for getting live prices from Royal Mail visible to the customer this can be pre-defined in your store shipping rules]). ZZ
  • Pay and print on ClickandDrop and then return to cubecart to manually change status to Complete.

My route is a few steps, but has stopped me having to manually copy and paste addresses/typos etc.

Would be great if an API could stop me manually running a sales report and could change the status in cubecart automatically. 

It's about 90% built.

Thanks so much for getting this development going! I was just looking into this aspect of setting up my business again using CC and thought I was going to have to switch carts! But I've used CC for well over 10 years so was very reluctant to do so.  So this is very encouraging!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes please! I have been using Click & Drop for over a year and whilst I don't do a huge quantity, it would certainly help. Yes I agree, Cubecart is not as big as Shopify but who wants to be! Come on Royal Mail do the right thing by your existing users.   

23 minutes ago, Carnation said:

Yes please! I have been using Click & Drop for over a year and whilst I don't do a huge quantity, it would certainly help. Yes I agree, Cubecart is not as big as Shopify but who wants to be! Come on Royal Mail do the right thing by your existing users.   

Hi Anne,

I've added this extension to your store for you. Have a look at the Documentation tab here to get stated: https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/plugins/royal-mail-click-drop 

Archived