Product options single Line Text box Help

Mrfish8

Hello I want to sell mugs with a personalized name on it.  I have the product page set up including description, image on cubecart and would need the customer to  just type the name going under the product options single line text box feature I assume?  Could someone step by step show me how I could achieve this. I'm using Cubecart V6  6.2.9 and standard Foundation skin.

Thank you so much!

Start by going to admin, Product Options, Option Groups tab. Add a new Group called "Personalize", the description being "Customer-supplied name", and a single-line textbox type. Save.

Now, bring the product up for editing, Options tab. From the Add New Option drop-down selector, choose "Personalize". Fill in the rest of the entry boxes to the right of the selector if necessary. Click the white-plus-in-green-circle icon. Click Save.

Clear CubeCart's internal cache. Check for the presence of the textbox on the product's page.

At what point did it not work?

In Product Options, is there an Option Group named "Personalize"?

In the product's Edit screens, Options tab, is there a Product Option named "Personalize"?

Did you have CubeCart clear its internal cache?

Hello, I allow myself to ask a question in this thread, because I also use this option for a personalize product, my question is: is it possible to make the text field not requested, that is to say that I have customers who don't want personalization. But with this option they are forced to write something in the field?

Every Option Group (in admin, Product Options) has a checkbox for being Required. Uncheck this box, Save (and clear the cache).

The text entry box should no longer have any Required label and no longer be required.

Is the store you are building publicly accessible? If so, may we have the web address?

First, let's see if there is any $OPTIONS seen by the skin's template.

Using a programmer's text editor, make this change to the skin template content.product.php:

The last three lines are:

{else}
<p>{$LANG.catalogue.product_doesnt_exist}</p>
{/if}

Change to:

{else}
<p>{$LANG.catalogue.product_doesnt_exist}</p>
{/if}{debug}

This will have the browser want to display a popup window of diagnostic data. If you need to click an acknowledgement alert, go ahead but then you may need to reload the page to get the actual diagnostic data.

Once you see the popup, scroll to $OPTIONS in the left pane. Does the corresponding values in the right pane look reasonable, or is there noting there?

With $OPTIONS being false, this leads back to a database query on the table CubeCart_option_assign and not finding anything.

Yet, you have said that the option assignment did take place as evident by the presence of "Personalize" in the admin, Edit Product, Options tab, Product Options list.

Did you happen to also, in admin, Product Options, Options Sets tab, create a set of options and add "Personalize" to that set?

Please use an external database utility, such as phpMyAdmin (a tool available within your hosting account's control panel), and examine the table CubeCart_option_assign.

Find all rows where the `product` column has the value of 32. There should be at least one row.

What are the values in the other columns of that row?

From what I see in the database table image above, plus what I see in the Smarty debug popup, there are options available for product=30 (Merry Christmas Elf Mug With Custom Name) - note that set_enabled=1, while there are no options available for product=32 (Santa Mug With Name Personalized) - note that set_enabled=0.

Yet, there are no options being displayed for either product.

For product=32, I do not yet know why set_enabled is not equal to "1" - it should be.

I also notice for product=30, the absolute_price=1 with an option_price of zero. You may have misunderstood what this setting does: it fixes the bottom-line price of the product at the option price. So, I suggest unselecting the Absolute Price in the product's Options tab. (I will have to check if this combination is what is causing options to not show.)

On the product's Options tab in admin, the Status checkbox relates to 'set_enabled'. So, be sure that the Status checkbox is checked. Otherwise, I believe this is why the options do not show.

Might you have upgraded from an earlier version of CubeCart, but kept the same version of the Foundation skin?

Please examine the contents of the template element.product.options.php.

Start a code window (the <> icon above) and paste the last 14 lines from that file into this window.

Hi bsmither

No I haven't upgraded first time Cubecart user downloaded the cart from the cubecart website newest version so the skin that comes with it is what I got.

Hope this is what you need I also unselected absolute price and options tab status box is selected.

Thanks Again

<!-- End File Upload Options -->
      <div class="row">
         <div class="small-12 columns">
            <label for="option_{$option.option_id}" class="return">{if empty($option.option_description)}{$option.option_name}{else}{$option.option_description}{/if}{if $option.price} {$option.symbol}{$option.price}{/if}{if $option.required} ({$LANG.common.required}){/if}</label>
            {if $option.type == Catalogue::OPTION_TEXTBOX}
            <input type="text" name="productOptions[{$option.option_id}][{$option.assign_id}]" id="option_{$option.option_id}"{if $option.absolute_price == '1'} class="absolute"{/if}{if !$CTRL_HIDE_PRICES} data-price="{$option.decimal_price}"{/if} {if $option.required}required{/if}>
            {elseif $option.type == Catalogue::OPTION_TEXTAREA}
            <textarea name="productOptions[{$option.option_id}][{$option.assign_id}]" id="option_{$option.option_id}"{if $option.absolute_price == '1'} class="absolute"{/if}{if !$CTRL_HIDE_PRICES} data-price="{$option.decimal_price}"{/if} {if $option.required}required{/if}></textarea>
            {/if}
         </div>
      </div>
      {/if}
   {/foreach}
{/if}

Well, the very strange thing is that the Foundation skin that shipped with CC629 does not have File Upload Options.

True, the core codebase could accommodate this, but the templates do not.

So, as regards to the statement:

<!-- End File Upload Options -->

Was this added by you? Have you installed a plugin that gives you this capability?

Hi yes File upload plugin by Noodleman he suggested this as  solution.

Yes, it should be possible to use the upload along side all of the other option types, they need to be created in the Options lists, then assigned to the products. I would not recommend using Product Groups.

Sincerely,

Emma & Alec,
The Noodleman Team
https://www.noodleman.co.uk

I'm lost on the steps to do that, and if that won't work with this foundation skin any suggestions

Thank you!

I think the edits made to the skin template element.product.options.php were not done correctly.

Please review the instructions and compare with your existing template.

You can contact Noodleman for assistance in making sure the edits to this template were done correctly.

CubeCart_option_assign:
	assign_id INT(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
	product INT(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',            Details about the product from CubeCart_inventory
	option_id INT(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',          Details about the option type from Cubecart_option_group
	value_id INT(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',           Details about the option's choices from CubeCart_option_value
	set_member_id INT(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',      Details about the named collection of options from CubeCart_options_set_member
	set_enabled TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '1',     Is this specific option enabled?
	option_default TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',  Is this the default choice of all the options?
	option_negative TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', Is the price differential negative?
	option_price DECIMAL(16,2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',          This value adds (subtracts) to the product's base price
	option_weight DECIMAL(10,4) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',         This value adds to the product's base weight
	matrix_include TINYINT(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1',           Is this option's choice part of the matrix of choices?
	absolute_price ENUM('0','1') NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'         This flag sets the product's base price to be the option_price (why ENUM???)

Archived