Upgraded to Cubecart 6.2.9, can only run PHP 5.6

marktea

Would there be any reason for I can only run my store on PHP 5.6 with Cubecart 6.2.9? I have a Wordpress site on the same domain and I need both sites to run on the latest version of PHP if possible. Currently the Wordpress site won't work at all on 5.6, so this is a problem.

Thanks for any help.

There will be some minor issues running CubeCart (629 and earlier) on PHP 7.4. They have been logged in CubeCart's Github issue tracker and will be fixed in CC640.

Please let us know what problems you are experiencing with your CC629.

1 hour ago, Al Brookbanks said:

You are mistaken. CubeCart 6.2.9 will run on any version of PHP 5.6 or  above.

I understand that Cubecart 6.2.9 should run on PHP 5.6>, but I can only get it to run on 5.6 and nothing above.

I have my hosting control panel open. When I change the PHP version from 5.6 to anything else, it breaks the Cubecart site. When I change it back to 5.6 again, the website starts working. Whatever the problem is, it is linked to the PHP version somehow.

The process I followed was: download Cubecart 6.2.9 > rename Admin file/folder to match mine > Upload to public_HTML using FTP > Go to /setup > Run updater

Any suggestions as to why this might be happening? Maybe I missed something from the process?

Have you checked the PHP error_log file or asked your hosting company for help ?  The problem with cheap Hosting is often no support - you get what you pay for.

If changing PHP version is breaking the store then it is likely you have ionCube encoded plugins which need replacing for the correct encoded versions

Archived