Paypal_checkout vs PayPal_commerce

B.F

Due to a server problem, I lost all my online stores. Unfortunatly restoring the backup gives a mess. I have to reinstall everything manually.

The problem is on the Cubecart site there is no more Paypal_Checkout. It is replaced by PayPal_commerce plug-in.

I which to understand what is the difference between these two plug-ins as it seems that Paypal_Commerce is configured directly by Paypal. What I don't understand is with Paypal I have a Sandbox account which looks like a business account but if I try to use Paypal_commerce it ask me to create a business account. I am a little be lost

I install PayPal_Checkout from the old version with sandbox and I have this time an error which was not there before
Request Sent (cURL) - https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr
0=null&1=1
Error:
cURL Error (NA): cURL is installed but may be disabled by the host. cURL exec returns false.
Response received (302 - Found)

Thank you for your help

On 10/28/2020 at 7:30 PM, B.F said:

Due to a server problem, I lost all my online stores. Unfortunatly restoring the backup gives a mess. I have to reinstall everything manually.

OK first thing I would say is move to a different hosting company. Assuming that this isnt your own server that you are responsible for managing, if there was a server problem, sites should have been restored back to a point in time shortly before the problem by them.  Whoever restores a backup, it should never create a mess - that is the point of a backup !  A reinstall should never be needed and indicates that something is seriously wrong somewhere.

The problem is on the Cubecart site there is no more Paypal_Checkout. It is replaced by PayPal_commerce plug-in.

PayPal Commerce is now the only supported plugin which is causing some people issues and these have been addressed in other threads on here.

cURL Error (NA): cURL is installed but may be disabled by the host. cURL exec returns false.

You can ignore this error although it is indicative that PayPal is moving on and with the older PayPal plugins not going to be developed or enhanced, something will break sooner or later so as it stands you have to go to the Commerce plugin

5 hours ago, windsurfer said:

I am trying to setup Paypal Commerce and got this message when i tried to connect to Paypal. Why would that Be ?

image.png.c7b7ff67fd4e264b3d605046148c6251.png

I have the same problem. I sent  a message to Paypal but no answer for now.  I presume there is a problem with the plugin. What is strange the Client ID it is not the same as the one we have in my account and we can not change it. 

10 minutes ago, windsurfer said:

Well, there is a lot of babble by haveswift that makes not much sense to me. It would be nice to get it resolved.

And what exactly is it that is babble and what dont you understand ???  Understand you are a newbie around here but maybe try explaining yourself a little better

The problem comme from the server side ask your provider.  Now Paypal is working

Here is what my provider did  "We went ahead and flushed all server blocks just in case it was flagged by our firewall"

Response received (302 - Found)

This just seems strange to me. Looking at the send() code in the Request class, I see that the first message is just an assumption by the CubeCart programmers. This message does not come from the cURL binary.

The 302 response suggests that the receiving address has moved. By default, cURL is not given permission to make another attempt to get the requested data.

If this is the case, then in the file /classes/request.class.php, near line 85, find:

/*$this->_curl_options[CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION] 	= true;*/

Change to:
            $this->_curl_options[CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION] 	= true;

I have no idea what will happen, so proceed with caution.

And 'followlocation' apparently doesn't work when PHP is configured for 'safe_mode' or 'open_basedir'.

I was working with 6.04  and the line "

/*$this->_curl_options[CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION] 	= true;*/"  is not in that file. I added "
$this->_curl_options[CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION] 	= true;"  and now it works, only thing i don't see the paypal buttons on the checkout page only a paypal selection radio button

Paypal commerce works fine in 6.2.9  though

Archived