Tons of errors in my store, not sure where to look

Will H

I saw some suspicious acitivty. and upon digging, I see some fake users created and deleted them. It has been a very long time since I dug into the administration section of my store - I have seen the " Error Log " displaying this:

```

File: [controller.admin.pre_session.inc.php] Line: [26] "SET @@time_zone = 'America/Toronto'" - Unknown or incorrect time zone: 'America/Toronto'

```

I am not sure how to correct the 49,000 lines of error with this code. Point me in the right direction?

Also, after the last update, orders submitted by existing users are given some strange laguage (not us/can english).. I am not sure what has happened.

www.xgeeks.ca

[redacted]  hat soeben Bestellung Nummer XG6-0010149CAN am 29 Oct 2020, 18:40 aufgegeben.

Diese Bestellung kann online unter dem nachfolgenden Link verwaltet werden.

[redacted]

Rechnungsadresse:
[redacted]

E-Mail-Adresse:
[redacted]
Lieferadresse:

Canada
Artikel Menge Preis
Labour - Laptop Data recovery User Account 2 $115.00
  Versand: () $0.00
  Rabatt: $0.00
  Zwischensumme: $201.25
  ON HST: (13%) $26.16
  Bestellsumme:

$227.41

That looks like Deutsch (German, de-DE), which may be a language available on your CubeCart. In some (erroneous) cases, Cubecart uses the first language from a list generated when looking for all installed languages, trying to find anything to use after not finding the specified language for the customer.

The errors are from a new function of CubeCart that sends a statement to the database, telling it that for this session, use the stated named timezone for all INSERTS and UPDATES that store the DATETIME data type. This keeps times that are automatically logged by the database server in CubeCart's database with the actual time that the store is running under (see Store Settings).

The problem here is that the hosting provider has not loaded the database's "system" table with the timezone data set. (It's easy to do, and should have been a standard step in setting up a server environment.)

You can, if you wish, delete all those database records. I would also suggest, at least, implementing a code change found in the GitHub:
https://github.com/cubecart/v6/issues/2256

6 hours ago, bsmither said:

The problem here is that the hosting provider has not loaded the database's "system" table with the timezone data set. (It's easy to do, and should have been a standard step in setting up a server environment.)

As Brian says, this is just plain laziness from your hosting company and it should be a standard step for all hosting servers.  You are not able to do it yourself as it requires root access to the server

Archived