Sale Total and Amount Collected are Different

prophoto

I recently switched my website to cubecart from another software. I finished the design and set-up my new Square app. (I used Square on the old website too.) Everything worked in sandbox mode, but I decided to try an actual transaction. I completed a sale using a credit card for $1.49 total sale. Everything worked fine but the total amount of sale that showed up at Square was $1.00... NOT $1.49. EVERYTHING on the website end (including "customer e-mails" shows $1.49 total. EVERYTHING on the Square end shows $1.00 total sale. I did check with Square and they said the total sale WAS only $1.00.

I am BAFFLED!!! Any ideas? thoughts? suggestions?

Thanks in advance. -Bob

Please confirm the exact version of the Square module being used.

Square requires that the basket total be sent as an integer, and so the module first multiplies the basket total by 100 and declares it an integer. This cuts off any decimal portion of a floating point number (if that should happen). The module also sends the store's default currency name - so if the order was being shown using a currency not the default, there may have been a conversion fault.

4 hours ago, bsmither said:

Please confirm the exact version of the Square module being used.

Square requires that the basket total be sent as an integer, and so the module first multiplies the basket total by 100 and declares it an integer. This cuts off any decimal portion of a floating point number (if that should happen). The module also sends the store's default currency name - so if the order was being shown using a currency not the default, there may have been a conversion fault.

I am using Square version 1.1.5. I do have the default currency as USD, which is correct. 

I believe I see a setting in the Square administrative settings panel for a Debug mode. Please enable this. (I do not know where the debug output will be, but we will look for it later.)

For another experiment, try to purchase an item for $2.49. If the value that comes back is still 1.00, then maybe there is a logic error (1 ~ true), or if 2.00, then the number getting truncated somehow.

The module has some complexity to it, but nothing is catching my attention that would cause a problem with PHP 7 versus PHP 5.

I have a second cubecart website using the Square app. I just took a closer look at that site and realized I am have the same problem. The customer e-mails and the sale on the website show the total sale amount, but the customer credit card is only being charged an even dollar amount. Good grief... this is frustrating! I prefer Square over Paypal, but I may need to switch back if a solution does not present itself.  

Archived