Customer claims cart emptying itself

Retrodisco

Never had this issue ever, not that I know of.

A customer just said they are trying to purchase an item, they add it to cart, when they go to cart it's gone and they cant buy it.

Never come accross, this in over 3000 sales.

Update, hes managed to do it from his phone, but not his Windows 10 laptop

• 2 weeks later...

Another client today has stated they've tried to add to cart via their phone and when they go to checkout the cart is empty (it isnt empty, it contains multiples, they just cant get to it)

More info:

Seems it is there but they can't get to the checkout area, clicking secure checkout button the side panel just slides away again, clicking the store logo top left and trying again seems to clear that issue, but obviously customers will leave without asking for it to be solved.

Seems to be a mobile site issue

Edit: Even more info, if you click within the item itself this happens, if you click the buy button from the front page or main section, and NOT within the item itself going to checkout will work. Going from item description straight to checkout is the issue it seems.

Edit again, Even more:

Forcing Jump To Basket makes it work, but I dont want that feature enabled as there is no continue shopping option on Minimaliser theme

View basket doesnt work either when the issue is showing.

Iphone various models, does it on my 11 Pro, latest ios, customer had iphone 8.

Its been an issue on and off for years, never managed to replicate until today

Easiest way to see it is to go to an item description, like to buy and then try to go direct to checkout

Is it possible to add a 'continue shopping' button at checkout?

Its doing the same on my laptop too, click to buy within the item description and cart is empty

Sorry for continued posting.

If you click to buy from the category listing, it adds fine and works.

Foundation skin is the same

Basket seems to show random things, sometimes there, sometimes not, Firefox on PC seems to not work right, other browsers do.

Firefox seems to have 'two' carts, which appear and disappear randomly.

I seem to have two issues, the mobile issue where purchase within the item itself does allow basket to open properly and Firefox on PC have two seemingly random carts (browers cache cleared too)

The not being able to checkout or view basket issue still exists on iphone as it has for a couple years, seems you HAVE to be logged in first, if you try to buy as a new customer it just gets stuck in a loop. Only happens if you purchase within an item description and then try to go to checkout or basket.

Archived