Error Log 6.4.0 - 6.4.1

poolboy

I have a problem with system errors after my upgrade to 6.4.0 and 6.4.1

I am getting thousands of errors saying that my time zone is unknown or incorrect.

I have time zone set as Australia/Sydney and have not changed it at all but get these errors after the upgrade to 6.4.0 and hoped it would be corrected in 6.4.1 but if anything it is worse.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Michael

6.4.1 Error.jpg

This has been happening since the past four or five versions of CubeCart.

We advise you to contact your hosting company and ask them to load the database server's "system" table with timezone information.

It's easy to do, and should have been something they should have known to do as a hosting company.

As Brian says, this is something that your hosting company should really do as part of standard server setup and it is incredibly lazy of them not to do so. However they probably won’t change it as it isn’t part of their standard config - pay ultra cheap pricing for hosting and this is what you get unfortunately  

I just upgraded from v6.2.8 to v6.4.1 recently and I see that I am also getting a similar error.  I did a clean install with the upgrade and entered my existing CubeCart database during setup.  The time zone I have set with my installation is "America/Toronto" and, having checked with my hosting provider just now, that is exactly what time zone is set with their server.  I don't recall seeing this system error with v6.2.8.

Today, 13:41       File: [controller.admin.pre_session.inc.php] Line: [26] "SET @@time_zone = 'America/Toronto'" - Unknown or incorrect time zone: 'America/Toronto'

Today, 13:25       File: [controller.admin.pre_session.inc.php] Line: [26] "SET @@time_zone = 'America/Toronto'" - Unknown or incorrect time zone: 'America/Toronto'

Today, 12:56       File: [controller.admin.pre_session.inc.php] Line: [26] "SET @@time_zone = 'America/Toronto'" - Unknown or incorrect time zone: 'America/Toronto'

Today, 12:52       File: [controller.index.inc.php] Line: [27] "SET @@time_zone = 'America/Toronto'" - Unknown or incorrect time zone: 'America/Toronto'

Today, 12:52       File: [controller.index.inc.php] Line: [27] "SET @@time_zone = 'America/Toronto'" - Unknown or incorrect time zone: 'America/Toronto'

Having the database server be configured to a timezone, even if it is the same timezone as you want, is not the same as being able to change the timezone you want your communications to be on a per-session basis between your web server and the database server.

These "SET @@timezone" statements were added to recent versions of CubeCart so that the time/date for which the database server calculates from UTC to local can be synced to the time/date that PHP calculates from UTC to local for your store. When not synced, it is possible for some misunderstandings to occur: the times shown in system event logs may be off by a few hours, Coupons may expire a few hours early or later than expected, and the time/date of when orders were updated indicating when they were shipped may cross over midnight to another day.

After careful analysis for your personal needs, you may wish to simply comment out the PHP statement that is sending the "SET timezone" to the database server (one in controller.index.inc.php and one in admin.pre_session.inc.php).

My preference is to avoid making any coding changes to my installation.  Is there anything I could ask my hosting provider to do to ensure that CubeCart's database is properly sync'd?

Also, if you've noticed that this has been happening for the past four or five versions of CubeCart, could add a field to the store settings in an upcoming version to prevent CubeCart from doing this syncing?

Adding to the core code of a version release, a config setting to bypass this instruction could certainly be done easily.

And the case could be made that instead of pounding your head against the wall arguing with an intransigent hosting company, and yourself unwilling or unable to move hosting, that having this setting will absolve you the sin of modifying core code.

I hear your pain.

Unfortunately, CubeCart HQ has indicated that adding config settings for this, that, and myriad other purposes isn't on the docket.

This what you tell your hosting company:

Read this:
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/mysql-tzinfo-to-sql.html

19 minutes ago, FrankR said:

My preference is to avoid making any coding changes to my installation.

Very sensible ! One simple change for this (which doesnt solve the problem anyway but simply ignores the error messages) leads to another and another,

19 minutes ago, FrankR said:

Is there anything I could ask my hosting provider to do to ensure that CubeCart's database is properly sync'd?

It is a very simple thing to do but most big hosting companies won’t do it (and you can’t do it yourself without server root access) because they have their way of setting up servers and won’t change.  All our servers are always configured correctly as is the server that Al @ CubeCart uses so I would suggest moving your hosting and using somebody that cares about your hosting environment.

Ian

I just upgraded and I am getting an error as well. Is there anything I can do on my end to correct this? And can you tell by the error if it is something that will affect the functionality of the cart? I did a test purchase and it seemed to go through OK.

This is the error:
File: [dashboard.index.inc.php] Line: [368] "SELECT I.name, I.product_code, I.stock_level AS I_stock_level, I.stock_warning AS I_stock_warning, I.product_id, M.stock_level AS M_stock_level, M.use_stock as M_use_stock, M.cached_name FROM `ccc3_CubeCart_inventory` AS `I` LEFT JOIN `ccc3_CubeCart_option_matrix` AS `M` on `I`.`product_id` = `M`.`product_id` WHERE use_stock_level = 1 AND ((M.status = 1 AND M.use_stock = 1 AND M.stock_level <= ) OR (I.stock_level <= )) ;" - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ') OR (I.stock_level <= ))' at line 1

error.jpg

If I recall, this error is caused by a missing setting (the next version will have this setting as a default).

In admin, Store Settings, Stock tab, make sure there is an integer value given for the "Global stock warning level" setting.

I take the liberty of interfering in this topic.
I also get this 'error' message...
On my question to the provider I get the following advice:
" This line in your file: controller.index.inc.php
Need to adjust to: Europe/Amsterdam (There is now London
Kind regards, (...) "

But I'm not getting any adjustment here.
Is this true?
What else can I ask my provider?

Greetings, Jeroen

7 minutes ago, JerS said:

What else can I ask my provider?

If you are getting the error that the OP reported here (and not what @wbs1969spoke about which is totally different !) then they simply need to read and action https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/mysql-tzinfo-to-sql.html

However, as has been said many times on here, most hosting companies will not do this if it isnt part of their standard server build (although it should be).

Ian

Now I am seeing a different error:

File: [seo.class.php] Line: [726] "INSERT INTO `ccc3_CubeCart_seo_urls` (`type`,`item_id`,`path`,`custom`) VALUES ('prod','','-p.html','0');" - Duplicate entry '-p.html' for key 'PRIMARY'

Any ideas on how to fix this one?

We are working on this.

I have replicated this when the store takes a customer to checkout, at the bottom of the checkout page is shown "Related Products", and when CubeCart goes through past orders to collect these related products, one of the orders contains a Gift Certificate.

There may be other scenarios that trigger this problem.

The problem is not serious, no orders will be affected.

A work-around will be in the next version of CubeCart.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2020 at 5:41 PM, havenswift-hosting said:

If you are getting the error that the OP reported here (and not what @wbs1969spoke about which is totally different !) then they simply need to read and action https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/mysql-tzinfo-to-sql.html

However, as has been said many times on here, most hosting companies will not do this if it isnt part of their standard server build (although it should be).

Ian

Hello Ian,

Thank you for your time and answer.
I will forward the link you provide to my provider... who knows!
And I'll let you know when I receive an answer.

Greetings,
Jeroen

PS: Yes it is the error that the OP reported.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2020 at 10:37 AM, JerS said:

Hello Ian,
A little later than planned.

I sent my provider a message with the link.
The provider said they could not help.
But miraculously... after the last update of CC, the problem is solved.
Have a nive day!
Jeroen

Archived