Wierd SEO URLs with SEO Extension set to None After Upgrade to 6.4.1

onebrowncow

Just upgraded a CC6 store to version 6.4.1 but I'm getting some weird automatically generated SEO URLs with it adding sub categories multiple times to products formatted like this https://www.domain.com/category-2/category-2/sub-cat-1/sub-cat-1/product sometimes it will add the same category or sub category multiple times.

Store settings for SEO are:

Add category to product URL path? Top level and all sub categories

Add subcategories to category URL path? Yes

SEO URL Extension None (recommended) running on PHP5.6

I just can't figure out what is causing it to continually add to the SEO URL or if it is just because of the old version of php I'm running CC6 on and that php7 or higher is required for this new SEO feature to work correctly.

Thanks in advance

You should 100% get off of PHP 5.6 but really dont think that this will be causing this issue.  I havent seen it before but dont have too many sites running 6.4.1 yet but those that are dont have this issue although I dont think any of them would have the Add subcategories to category URL path?  setting set to yes

7 hours ago, bsmither said:

"...continually add..."

Do you mean to say that, over time, the SEO path gets repeated another iteration -- from twice to three times, to four times, etc?

That might be a better way to word it. It seems to have been stable overnight and any SEO paths I have manually input on the product page search engine tab seem to be ok but products I haven't edited yet have paths like this example:

https://www.domain.com/home-and-interior/home-and-interior/candles-and-room-fragrance/home-and-interior/candles-and-room-fragrance/lily-flame-candles/spring-time-scented-candle-by-lily-flame

the correct path should be:

https://www.domain.com/home-and-interior/candles-and-room-fragrance/lily-flame-candles/spring-time-scented-candle-by-lily-flame

On 11/19/2020 at 6:05 PM, havenswift-hosting said:

You should 100% get off of PHP 5.6 but really dont think that this will be causing this issue.  I havent seen it before but dont have too many sites running 6.4.1 yet but those that are dont have this issue although I dont think any of them would have the Add subcategories to category URL path?  setting set to yes

I've pushed on with the development of a site on 6.4.1 but now taken the decision to give up. Regardless of what I do including manually inputting my SEO url, when I come back to the site the following day it has added back in the first level category to every product url duplicating that category in the SEO url, if a sub category is also used that is often duplicated too. I can't figure out if it is a bug or my VDS settings but it's too frustrating to continue with at this time.

• 1 year later...

We believe the GitHub issues #2756 and #2772 explains this. Whether it has been fixed? Maybe, maybe not.

Along with CC642(?) came a feature that tossed up a notice to remind the admin that clearing the cache is necessary. This notice will appear until the admin has logged in (as of the upgrade) three times. This notice gets logged which interferes with certain other database operations.

As an experiment, log in to admin, then log out. Do this three more times. Then log in and see how management of the search engine friendly paths for categories behaves.

• 1 year later...