Using What3Words with CubeCart

Al Brookbanks

w3w_forums.png

The what3words integration has now been built into CubeCart, enabling you to add a what3words address field to your websites so that customers can specify their delivery and billing address to any 3 metre square in the world; in just 3 simple words. 

What is what3words? 
what3words has divided the world into a grid of 3 metre squares and given each square a unique combination of three words. It can really help drivers find the exact entrance to a building, or the correct house, when doing their deliveries. You can watch this video to find out more.

Why should I add a what3words address field to my site’s checkout page? 
Because they're more accurate than postcodes, what3words addresses can lead to faster deliveries and fewer phone calls to customers from lost drivers. It also means fewer customer support enquiries from customers having issues with their delivery address.

How do I ask customers to provide a what3words address?
Hundreds of businesses already ask customers for their what3words address and millions of people in the UK use what3words. You’ll need to enable a what3words address box at checkout as part of the address information that your customers provide. 

To do this navigate to your stores settings and in the "Features" tab check the box next to Enable in the What3Words section. If you are not using the default foundation skin then template code changes may be required. Please contact us for support.

Archived