6.4.2 Stock Warnings problem for me

I do not remove sold items from the store listings on our plushmemories store, as helping people find lovies is part of our business plan. So I have always had the stock level that triggers a warning set to negative one.

6.4.2 ignores that negative number and shows stock warnings for all out of stock items.

Any suggestions as to how to fix this?

Found only way to do it is in Store Settings: Stock settings - Admin stock warning method: Use product specific level.

My negative stock items still show in shop as out of stock and unable to buy  and they don't get added to the Stock warning in dashboard.

"My negative stock items still show in shop as out of stock and unable to buy"

This is not what you want to happen? And you are saying that in CC641, they did not show?

What customization did you have in CC641 that excluded products with negative stock items from being returned in database queries?

I need to make a reminder that when logged in as an admin, out-of-stock items will be shown. In admin, Store Settings, Stock tab, "Hide out-of-stock product", even when checked, will not hide from a logged-in admin.

I found this in dashboard.index.inc.php just now in the test site on 6.4.3 commit:

$stock_warn_level = ((int)$GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'stock_warn_level')>0) ? $GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'stock_warn_level') : '0';
$condition = $GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'stock_warn_type') == '1' ? 'I.stock_warning' : $stock_warn_level;

So, I think I misread your OP -- you are saying you do want out-of-stock items to not be hidden from customers. But you do not want to be notified of this condition on the admin Dashboard.

Correct?

Ok, so the concern is the admin Dashboard Stock Warnings list.

Yes, there is a change for that between CC641 and CC642.

Your admin Store Setting for Stock, "Admin stock warning method" is "Global"?

Try this:

The admin script /sources/dashboard.index.inc.php, near line 338:

$stock_warn_level = ((int)$GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'stock_warn_level')>0) ? $GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'stock_warn_level') : '0';

To:
$stock_warn_level = ($GLOBALS['config']->isEmpty('config', 'stock_warn_level')) ? '0' : $GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'stock_warn_level');

Must be the way I wrote it.

I haven't used any code changes, just used the setting available in admin, there is a choice of Global or per product. If stock is set to 0 it will show notification in admin dashboard as out of stock, if set to -1 stock isn't hidden from admin or store, customers can still view it in the store but it will show as 'out of stock' so they can't buy it . With the per product setting you won't get the 'out of stock' admin dashboard notification which is what I want for some products.

Thought that was what Dirty Butter wanted for one-off products that had been sold but wanted to keep them on his shop for customers to view but didn't want them showing in admin dash notifications as out of stock.

Archived