Cubecart upgrade from 6.2.9 to lates version 6.4.2

The GitHub will show this to you:

https://github.com/cubecart/v6/compare/v6.2.9...v6.4.2

There is a button to show "Files Changed". However, and unfortunately, there was a change that affected very nearly every file: the line ending changed from LF to CRLF. I do not know how to get the GitHub to ignore that.

Send me a PM with your email address and I will attach a report listing the file stats between the two releases.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried this upgrade this morning and the result was not great.  The store layout changed completely and I was unable to login to the Admin panel at all. 

Fortunately I had a full backup and could revert.

Question:  Should I have left the upgrade and copied back the previous skin files?  Anyone else had issues with this please?

We recommend that when a store owner modifies the stock Foundation skin, the modified version gets its own name.

In addition to the customizations, the name of the skin folder and a couple of nodes in the config.xml file need to be changed to the new name as well.

Package has been updated to version 6.2.4. CubeCart is a complete ecommerce shopping cart software solution. With CubeCart you can quickly setup a powerful online store to sell digital or tangible products to new and existing customers globally.

MyGroundBiz

Edited by Junior
  • 1 month later...

The GitHub will show this to you:

https://github.com/cubecart/v6/compare/v6.2.9...v6.4.2

There is a button to show "Files Changed". However, and unfortunately, there was a change that affected very nearly every file: the line ending changed from LF to CRLF. I do not know how to get the GitHub to ignore that.

Send me a PM with your email address and I will attach a report listing mysainsburys the file stats between the two releases.

I am running CC 6.2.9 and the latest is 6.4.1. There is a link that says Upgrade now in that red warning bar telling me Im in need of upgrading. There were problems with this going back quite a few versions and to be honest for 6.4.2 but not sure if the fixes have been applied to the current files for 6.4.1.

Edited by Steven598