Continue Shopping Link Disappeared After Installing PayPal Commerce Gateway

onebrowncow

I was previously using PayPal Standard as my gateway and noticed on the checkout page when viewing the basket there was a continue shopping link but after installing the PayPal Commerce gateway this link has disappeared even though it appears to still be in the template code. Can anyone advise why this is occurring?

It does seem strange, but that is the way the template code is written.

The visitor needs to be on the 'confirm' page - which is where the 'standard' payment gateways are listed - to see the link. It is on the same line as the phrase "Choose Payment Method".

It might be that the PayPal module changes the value of $DISABLE_GATEWAYS which allowed the link to show.

The link can be moved. Let's put it on the same line as the other buttons.

Remove:
<a href="?" class="right">{$LANG.basket.continue_shopping}</a>
from where it is.

Below where that was, find:

<div class="clearfix">
      <div class="show-for-medium-up"><a href="{$STORE_URL}/index.php?_a=basket&empty-basket=true" class="button alert left"><svg class="icon"><use xlink:href="#icon-trash-o"></use></svg> {$LANG.basket.basket_empty}</a></div>

Change to:

<div class="clearfix">
      <div class="show-for-medium-up"><a href="{$STORE_URL}/index.php" class="button left"><svg class="icon"><use xlink:href="#icon-home"></use></svg> {$LANG.basket.continue_shopping}</a></div>
      <div class="show-for-medium-up"><a href="{$STORE_URL}/index.php?_a=basket&empty-basket=true" class="button alert left"><svg class="icon"><use xlink:href="#icon-trash-o"></use></svg> {$LANG.basket.basket_empty}</a></div>

• 9 months later...

On a similar note to onebrowncow.

The "continue shopping" and  "Empty Basket" buttons appears on a PC layout but disappears on a mobile layout. 

Is this a standard foundation issue?

I note on one brown cow site the "empty Basket " button disappears on a mobile view.

regards

Duncan

Continue shopping button

shoppingcart-mobile.PNG

Archived