Text above and below the products on category pages with Foundation skin

harrisorganic

Hello, I would like to make some changes to the layout of the Foundation category skin.  If you look at the following category url, you will see there is a lot of text above the box containing the products.

https://www.harrisorganicwine.com.au/shop/organic-brandy.html

On a mobile device it is a lot of scrolling to get to the products.

What code needs to change so that some category text can be placed above and below the products box and changes to the category text can be made in the admin control panel?

I would concur that too much descriptive text on a View Category page is not ideal.

My solution would be to create a "Short Description" feature (similar to the needs of a short description for products). When on a mobile, the short description would show with a link to a Site Document ("Show link to document in storefront?" is unchecked) having the full story.

The above would involve adding a column to the CubeCart_category table, adding the necessary code to the admin categories.index.php template, and adding the necessary code to the storefront content.category.php template. Maybe some tweaks to the admin content.categories.inc.php source code.

Or the full story could be loaded into a slide-out side box or drop-down box (like the "Shop by Category" bar).

Archived