Checkout - Create Account - Off by Default

Debyink

I have over 16'000 customers of which at least half are one time purchases, when customers go through to checkout the 'I would like to Create an Account' is ticked by default, is there anyway to have this unticked as default so my customers would have to check it in order to create an account.

I've tried what was mentioned in a previous post - changing value from "1" to "0" but doesn't work.

On 9/25/2014 at 10:35 PM, bsmither said:

What we would like for you to try is the following edit in your skin's template file content.checkout.confirm.php (near line 81 in Kurouto):

Was:
<div class="select_register"><input type="checkbox" name="register" id="show-reg" value="1" class="" {$REGISTER_CHECKED} /> <label for="show-reg">{$LANG.account.create_account}</label></div>

Now:
<div class="select_register"><input type="checkbox" name="register" id="show-reg" value="0" class="" {$REGISTER_CHECKED} /> <label for="show-reg">{$LANG.account.create_account}</label></div>

11-1.jpg

The Cburst skin may have additional code to change - specifically, any javascript that would collapse and hide the password fields, and suppress the requirement of entering a password.

When you changed the value as described in the conversation quoted above, what, exactly, didn't work?

The browser looks at the value to send back if the box is checked.

If not checked, no value gets sent back, no matter what the value would have been.

The code that CubeCart runs can check for this in two ways:

1. Did the web form send back anything (the checkbox is checked or not)?

2. Did the web form send back a '1' or something else (checkbox is checked but pay attention to the actual value sent back)?

For my skins (pretty sure its the same for Foundation) theres some JS that checks if the checkbox is checked, if it isn't then it will hide the password fields.

{$REGISTER_CHECKED} is set to checked="checked" by default by CubeCart if the customer is not a logged in user when viewing that page.

Although by removing {$REGISTER_CHECKED} i'm not 100% sure whether or not it could have a knock on affect in the event a customer checks the box, enters their passwords wanting to create an account but gets redirected back to that page due to whatever error, the page won't re-tick the box and show the password fields so may end up as a guest. Well thats take on it after a quick look at the files.

Tried it several ways without the {$REGISTER_CHECKED} element, I've tested it so many ways by making a purchase, checking out as a guest, checking out whilst registering for an account. Double checked the view customers section and they are all correctly labelled as either registered or guest.

I've removed it and seems to be working great.

Soon find out how my customers fair as the stores going back live later tomorrow.

Archived