Upgraded from 6.1.1 to 6.4.2 Blank admin page

34Ford

So I manually upgraded today but now the admin screen is blank.

First showed PHP was 5.4 so  I updated to PHP to 5.5, fixed that.

Store itself appears to be running. Originally I had a admin_NAtUDp.php and a admin_xAUsNx folder. I removed those and reset the global.inc.php to the admin.php and admin folder to match.

Anyway here is what the error log is saying. This is way over my head.

[25-Dec-2020 16:30:35 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [<a href='http://docs.php.net/manual/en/simplexmlelement.construct.php'>simplexmlelement.construct.php</a>]: Entity: line 2239: parser error : Extra content at the end of the document in /home/smokeymo/public_html/store/classes/language.class.php on line 765

[25-Dec-2020 16:30:35 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [<a href='http://docs.php.net/manual/en/simplexmlelement.construct.php'>simplexmlelement.construct.php</a>]:  name=&quot;title_logo_current&quot; introduced=&quot;5.0.0&quot;&gt;&lt;![CDATA[Current Logos]]&gt;&lt;/string&gt; in /home/smokeymo/public_html/store/classes/language.class.php on line 765

[25-Dec-2020 16:30:35 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [<a href='http://docs.php.net/manual/en/simplexmlelement.construct.php'>simplexmlelement.construct.php</a>]:  ^ in /home/smokeymo/public_html/store/classes/language.class.php on line 765

Would you please examine the file /languages/definitions.xml for anything that looks weird. The error says "Extra content at the end of the document", so the end of this file may appear to be abnormally truncated. Or have something wrong with line2239 of one of the language files.

These errors actually do not indicate which XML file has the problematic code, to you may need to examine definitions.xml as well as any of the non-UK/US language files.

Okay, so I just replaced the definitions.xml with my old 6.1.1 version and I can log in.

Anyway I updated the database and in the auto process of updating the whole site everything appears to be fixed, I hope.

I was having problems with the customer not getting digital emails with their link, so on to see what I can do about that.

• 3 months later...
On 12/26/2020 at 11:37 AM, bsmither said:

Would you please examine the file /languages/definitions.xml for anything that looks weird. The error says "Extra content at the end of the document", so the end of this file may appear to be abnormally truncated. Or have something wrong with line2239 of one of the language files.

These errors actually do not indicate which XML file has the problematic code, to you may need to examine definitions.xml as well as any of the non-UK/US language files.

Thanks for the update and quick reply. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. Bumped into your thread. Thanks for creating it. Looking forward for solution.

• 2 weeks later...
 6.1.1 Adding dtSearches as choices to resource pools. 34 6.4.2 Relativity installations with Processing or Upgrading or installing Relativity Analytics 8.1 on page 39 practice to change the default password for the Relativity admin account and [blank] - Database is not being upgraded locally or by.

Archived