Cubecart Default Font

Claudia

I'm confused about the fonts used in CubeCart.

In foundation.css:  body {  font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Roboto, Arial, sans-serif;

In cubecart.css: html * { font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif;}

When and where are these fonts used? 

Do I need to indicate which font I want to use in each element - ie Vertical menu, Site documents, product description, etc.

Just any information about these fonts (and font-size) would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Claudia

The web browser loads foundation.css ahead of cubecart.css. The main way CSS rules overrule one another is that the latest loaded css rules take precedence.

So, 'Open Sans' (if not available, then use sans-serif) takes precedence.

However, the second main way one CSS rule overrules another is by specificity. With Foundation, the button style class and the Top Bar meet that test (as far as fonts are concerned). In those items, Arial is used (because "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, and Roboto are not available).

If you want to apply a specific font to certain and narrowly identified style classes, adding !important to the rule overrules all other general rules.

But to finally force the issue, adding style="name:value;" to the actual HTML tag is the final rule to rule them all.

So when would Cubecart use cubecart.css: html * { font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif;} if Foundation is always loaded first and there is no HTML tag with it's own style="name:value.  Is this just not clicking with me?

Oh and while I'm asking questions if I remove the .html from my URLs that means that all my links in social media would be broken right?

The html * means to start with <html> and apply to everything (the *) within it - which includes <body>.

That's a good question. I know that the database CubeCart_seo_urls 'path' values have had .html appended to them. And the .htaccess directive will now include .html as part of the seo_path. Which means the query against the database should find the record.

Unless the new code strips the .html off of the seo_path as according to the setting in admin.

Initial complaints after upgrading are of 404 errors caused by a mismatch of .html and the admin setting.

So, I am going to recommend having that setting made to put .html in use.

I just did a check of a post I have on Pinterest by removing the .html from the end of the linking URL.  I got the 404 Page Not Found.  When I put the .html back the link worked.  Maybe Cubecart should show a message or something stating that removing the .html will break current social media links.

Archived