Gift cards problem

Nebojsa

During testing Gift cards, I look problem. Purchase gift card amount 100 ( also tested when written  100,00 or 100.00 result is same), when received Gift card mail, look amount 10.000,00

in menu Promotional Code/Gift cards is correct 100,00.  See images, pls.

maybe problem is in numeric format during generate mail.

Img 4287.jpg

Img 4286.jpg

Thank you for providing these images.

In admin, Currencies, please tell us the details of Croatian Kuna: kn. The details will be:

Currency Name, Symbol Left, Exchange Rate, Symbol Right, Decimal Places, Decimal Symbol, Thousands Separator

Also, please use an external database utility, such as phpMyAdmin (a tool available in your hosting control panel), to examine the database table CubeCart_order_inventory.

Find the record having the cart_order_id of the order that sold the Gift Certificate.

Please tell us the value in the 'price' column, and the value in the 'custom' column.

Also, in CubeCart's admin, Email Templates, click the Edit icon of the language being used to send the Cart: Gift Card email template. When the Edit Email Content page is shown, on the HTML Content tab, click the editor's Source button. The following is what my template has:

<p>Dear {$DATA.name},</p>

<p>We are please to be sending you this gift certificate which you can use towards the purchase of any item(s) on our website.</p>

<p>Happy shopping!</p>

<p><strong>From: </strong>{$DATA.first_name} {$DATA.last_name}<br />
<strong>Amount: </strong>{$DATA.value}<br />
<strong>Claim Code:</strong> {$DATA.code}<br />
<strong>Gift Message:</strong> {$DATA.message}</p>

<p>-------------------</p>

<p>To reedeem this gift certificate please enter the &quot;Claim Code&quot;
  above into the text field labeled &quot;Add Gift Certificate or Coupon&quot; during checkout.</p>

<p>Why not spend it now?</p>

Please tell us what your template has. Specifically, is there anything more or different in this line of code:

<strong>Amount: </strong>{$DATA.value}<br />

5 hours ago, bsmither said:

In admin, Currencies, please tell us the details of Croatian Kuna: kn. The details will be:

Currency Name, Symbol Left, Exchange Rate, Symbol Right, Decimal Places, Decimal Symbol, Thousands Separator

242170906_Img4405.thumb.jpg.da4636525ab16e7b4ce869035ab8d521.jpg

Decimal separator is ','  Thousands separator is '.'

4 hours ago, bsmither said:

Also, in CubeCart's admin, Email Templates, click the Edit icon of the language being used to send the Cart: Gift Card email template. When the Edit Email Content page is shown, on the HTML Content tab, click the editor's Source button. The following is what my template has:

This is same code.

Cubecart_Order_Inventory record:

1733421787_Img4406.jpg.a751cb8de98c58f11cf23497ef4c2c19.jpg2109247031_Img4407.thumb.jpg.0d83961ad111b728380a145e4f4b0194.jpg

Suppose some problem appear with Decimal separator ',' and Thousands separator '.'

Ok, the Currency details are good. There is nothing different about {$DATA.value} in the email template. The database record has '200.00' (correct).

However, please try to discover the value in the 'custom' column blob. The following is from my recent experiment:

a:5:{s:5:"value";s:3:"200";s:4:"name";s:6:"Friend";s:5:"email";s:28:"[email protected]";s:7:"message";s:11:"Hey friend.";s:6:"method";s:1:"e";}

My recent experiment had me switch my development store to HRK and purchase a Gift Certificate. The email from this store had the correct info:

Dear Friend,

We are please to be sending you this gift certificate which
you can use towards the purchase of any item(s) on our website.

Happy shopping!

Amount: 200,00kn
Claim Code: 1111-2222-3333-4444-5555
Gift Message: Hey friend.

Also, please remind us of the exact version of CubeCart you are running (admin, Dashboard, Store Info tab).

My experiments shows that the locale use of commas and periods work correctly having set thousands separator to a period and decimal separator to a comma in admin, Currencies: Amount: 200,00kn

Please try to discover the value in the 'custom' column blob.

Please remind us of the exact version of CubeCart you are running (admin, Dashboard, Store Info tab).

When again set coma ',' as decimal separator and '.' as thousands separator again same problem (200,00kn)1217659968_Img4420.jpg.fdf746481d6a865c235cac2545da9f7f.jpg

1 hour ago, bsmither said:

Please try to discover the value in the 'custom' column blob.

Please remind us of the exact version of CubeCart you are running (admin, Dashboard, Store Info tab).

Mean in data base: Cubecart_order_inventory Custom blob binary:

a:5:{s:5:"value";s:8:"200,00kn";s:4:"name";s:19:"Nebojša Urošević";s:5:"email";s:18:"[email protected]";s:7:"message";s:124:"Hello .";s:6:"method";s:5:"Email";}

Yes.

So far, I have found that the most likely cause is when the admin brings the order up for editing, then saving the edited order details.

I have not found exactly where this happens, but am getting close.

My best guess so far is that, during testing, a "customer" makes a purchase of a Gift Certificate. The order is now in the Pending state.

The admin manually changes the order to Processing so that CubeCart will send out the email.

However, when presenting the data of the order's inventory list, CubeCart converts the plain 200 to the locale style 200,00kr.

Then, when saving the edited order, 200,00kr is what gets saved back to the database. Doing this is not correct.

That is my best guess so far.

Which means, if CubeCart actually and normally processed the order through a real payment gateway, it would be the gateway, not the admin, that changes the order to Processing, and this error would not happen.

Archived