404 error

Loirbaits

Hello,
i am looking for some help if possible please, when clicking on a product in the shop i get a 404 error code,

i looked in the side bar and error log, 

Date Message
Today, 20:55 File: [seo.class.php] Line: [995] "SELECT C.cat_id, C.cat_name, C.cat_parent_id, S.path FROM `CubeCart_category` as C LEFT JOIN `CubeCart_seo_urls` as S ON S.item_id=C.cat_id WHERE S.type='cat' AND S.redirect='0' ORDER BY C.cat_id DESC " - Unknown column 'S.redirect' in 'where clause'
Today, 20:55

File: [catalogue.class.php] Line: [71] "SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS MIN(`live_from`) AS `next_time` FROM `CubeCart_inventory` WHERE `live_from` > UNIX_TIMESTAMP() LIMIT 1;" - Unknown column 'live_from' in 'field list'

this was the two messages i could see, can someone explain why? and how i clear this please, sadly my friend who helped me build the site passed away and i am ok with certain stuff, other just goes right over my head, so if you can help, try and imagine tour messaging a 5 year old!!

be gentle

thanks

David

Welcome Loirbaits! Glad to see you made it to the forum.

From what I can see, the messages refer to 'redirect' and 'live_from' fields that are supposed to be in the database, but are not.

This suggests that the core CubeCart code is at a version (perhaps version 6.4.2) that does not match the current version of the structure of the database (called a 'schema').

In admin, Maintenance, Upgrade tab, there is a list of when and to what version the database was upgraded to. Take a note of the latest version.

In admin, just to the right of the [Search...] box, click on 'Dashboard'. Then, on the Store Overview tab, note the CubeCart Version (core code).

The two versions must match.

If they don't, particularly if the database version is older than the core code, there is the need to have CubeCart run "setup" in order to bring the database version up to be the same as the core code version.

Let us know if this is the case.

Archived