Print Gift Invoice

onebrowncow

I can't seem to find an option for this, maybe it's something I need to custom build in the email templates but I'm not sure. In CC4 I built a very simple mod that allowed me to print the order via a separate print button that would print the order without the prices showing and would also include a message from the purchaser and say who the purchaser was "a gift from Mrs Smith' for example.
From what I remember when I did it before in CC4 it was a simple case of modifying one of the print.php templates and renaming it and then linking to that print option in admin but I realise CC6 is a totally different creation these days.
Maybe it is something I need to put in as a feature request on github?

This plugin may be of interest.

https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/plugins/enhanced-admin-order-entry

It doesn't mention anything about having a printout appropriate for an order being a gift (I think creating a "Add Gift Card" product would be interesting), so a conversation with the publisher of that plugin would be in order.

9 hours ago, bsmither said:

Thanks Brian - it might be suitable as there are three different printable documents one of which is meant to be a picking list.  All of changeable as they have admin editable templates so could be changed to display anything you wanted

Ian

Thanks bsmither, I did look at Ian's enhanced admin plugin but wasn't sure if it would do what I needed. As Ian has suggested it may be suitable to be adapted I will have a look more closely at it and see if I can produce the result I am after.

Also put this forward as a suggestion for a standalone feature too on github. I'm sure it would be of interest to other users.

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to reply.

Archived