html extension per item

Claudia

In the latest version of Cubecart you have the option of including or not including .html to the URL of a product.  This option is for ALL products at once.  Is there any way to make this on a per product basis?  If you change it on all, you lose all your social media links.  If it applied on a per product basis you could remove the .html on new products added.

Thanks in advance

Claudia

Why would you want to change and especially why would you want a store with a mix of with and without ? (apart from the obvious of not losing indexed and product links already in use which is by far a big enough issue to not even think about playing with this).

There used to be talk that a url without the .html / .php was better for SEO but that was debunked many years.  I think this is a choice for new stores but current stores should not think about changing this

Ian

I'm not following you in what you need accomplished

You say a social media link has .html. Do I hear you say that you want your store to never have .html on any of its products? Even older ones where there exists such a social media link?

In admin, Redirects (in the Advanced navigation section), this feature will offer a way to manually add in-the-wild social media seo paths to be bounced to the current seo path.

I never really thought about the ending .html until this feature became available.  I wish it was available when I first opened my store.  Just looks more professional to me without the .html.  But from the comments here and the work involved I think I'm just stuck with the way things are.  Thanks for all comments.

Archived