all categories showing all items on sale for 0.00

Geotex

This is a new development. Updated to version 6.42. All categories with products now show right side panels for featured produce, best sellers, and ALL items in the category as On Sale with 0.00 price. When clicking on the sale item, it does go in cart at regular price as there are NO items on sale.

On Sale

Anise Packages 12 per box
$5.25 $0.00

Karvan Cassis Syrup 750ml/26.5 fl.oz
$9.99 $0.00

Karvan Forest Fruit Syrup 750 ml/26.5 fl.oz
$9.99 $0.00

upgraded from 6.29.

With this particular cart, the upgrade was difficult. Had to do a manual install of the files, first time I ran setup the update failed. Ran again, and update, though slow, did show successful update.

(didn't mention before, but running on centos7, cpanel and PHP 7.3.x)

Please look in admin, Error Log, System Error Log tab.

If there are no clues here, we may need to do a deep inspection.

I cannot find the issue reported that concerns the zero-priced sale items. I think it would have been fixed anyway.

I did not recall seeing any errors in this or any other log. Double checked again,  shows --None--

here is a link to one of the pages in the cart https://littledutchgirl.com/dutch-specialty-foods/soup-mixes

Any category with items listed, or subcategories with stock, will show the same. Categorie with only sub-directories do not show this error.

I am looking now to find the call in templates to just not display the Specials block until we get the issue resolved.

bsmither, Thank you for all your help. my efforts of late have been CMS oriented, using Concrete5 and of course WP, building primarily customer-maintained sites. Cube Cart is so basically stable, having several ecom sites using it for some time, this is only the 2nd major issue I have had to request help with.

This does not happen on my installations.

I see this happening on your, so we will need to investigate deeper.

Can you verify if there have been any edits made to the skin template box.sale_items.php?

The On Sale box will only show if there are (sale) products to show, as well as a Sale Mode other than Disabled:

{if $PRODUCTS && $CONFIG['catalogue_sale_mode']>0}

However, I see that the templates use {$PRODUCTS} for both the array of products within a category when viewing a category, as well as the array of products within the list of sale items.

Normally, this wouldn't be a problem, but I see a potential collision.

Please verify if the file /classes/gui.class.php has not been modified.

I have been able to reproduce this.

The immediate solution is to make these three edits:

In the skin template box.sale_items.php, find:

{if $PRODUCTS && $CONFIG['catalogue_sale_mode']>0}

Change to:

{if $SALE_PRODUCTS && $CONFIG['catalogue_sale_mode']>0}

A few lines later, find:

{foreach from=$PRODUCTS item=product}

Change to:

{foreach from=$SALE_PRODUCTS item=product}

A few lines later, find:

{if empty($product.sale_price)}

Change to:

{if empty($product.sale_price_unformatted)}

In the file /classes/gui.class.php, find near line 1476:

$GLOBALS['smarty']->assign('PRODUCTS', $vars);

Change to:

$GLOBALS['smarty']->assign('SALE_PRODUCTS', $vars);

Did changes and tested results. All works exactly as expected.

Last question, what are the chances that classes/gui.class.php is updated or overwritten when an update is supplied? 

Thank you for seeing the issue and an excellent fix so quickly!

George Snell

"What are the chances that classes/gui.class.php is updated or overwritten when an update is supplied?"

As well as the Foundation skin edit... 100%. This is CubeCart's 'whole-cloth' upgrade protocol.

However, this issue has been posted in the GitHub (CubeCart's bug tracker), and so should see this fix (or one very similar) in the next update.

• 9 months later...

Having the same problem for a while now I heard from a customer. Will do the fix Brian prosposed. 
Searched github for this 'error' but couldn't find it.

Nothing in error log or other logs for that mather.. 

Keep you posted..

Archived