Disable Mailing List

citabriabob

Long road to set up new store. The final (I hope) issue is that having disabled the mailing list in the trailer, there is still a "Subscribe to mailing list" under the Billing Address question on the Basket. When clicked on, the error:

"The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later. Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

If not clicked, all is normal to checkout. Site is at  https://typeclubs.org/aac-toc-cc

Thanks,

What browser are you using, and what is it's version?

I am using Firefox v85.02 (just now updated to 86.0), and am finding it difficult to get past the reCaptcha verification system.

First, I get this, although the site does seem to be sending a proper "None" value (Edit: Well, maybe not):
Invalid “SameSite“ value for cookie “CCS_5298629493”. The supported values are: “Lax“, “Strict“, “None“.

Then, I get this, although I have given Google all typical permissions:
Content Security Policy: The page’s settings observed the loading of a resource at https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api2/webworker.js?hl=en&v=jxFQ7RQ9s9HTGKeWcoa6UQdD (“worker-src”).

If you haven't already, try switching off the reCaptcha and make a few experiments.

bsmither:

[using FireFox 86.0 64-bit] This is a new issue, unrelated to recaptha (I think.) I made a couple of changes from your posts to eliminate the mailing list; this has eliminated it from the footer, but stubbornly refuses to eliminate it here; if clicked, it goes to error: Look a the last line. Box did not copy, but it's there.

Billing Address

Robert Szego
PO Box 100
COXSACKIE
NEW YORK, 12051

Delivery Address

Subscribe to mailing list.

In the template content.checkout.confirm:

Find near line 45:
{if !$USER_SUBSCRIBED}
<div class="row">
   <div class="small-12 large-8 columns">
      <input type="checkbox" id="mailing_list" name="mailing_list" value="1"><label for="mailing_list">{$LANG.account.register_mailing}</label>
   </div>
</div>
{/if}

Also, find near line 186:
<div class="row">
   <div class="small-12 large-8 columns">
      <input type="checkbox" id="mailing_list" name="mailing_list" value="1" {$MAILING_LIST_SUBSCRIBE}><label for="mailing_list">{$LANG.account.register_mailing}</label>
   </div>
</div>

Archived