Why do I almost constantly have to log into Admin again?

MostlyConfused

It's about three or four weeks that I am working on my shop on a daily basis.
For the longest time, I had to log into Admin again maybe once every day or even less.

For the last days, I am kicked out every couple of clicks.

Log in, change a language string, click save, click "Clear Cache" and already I have to log in again.
Happens with basically everything I do and it is very annoying.

I am working on my local server, so by means of security I could be logged in permanently.

Of course I tried cleaning cache, cookies, tempfiles and all, but no luck.
Why is this happening all of a sudden and how can I change it back.

Cheers

Have you enabled a feature on your browser where it changes its "User-Agent" string often? A browser's feature (or addon) would do this to thwart sites from tracking you.

If you have CubeCart's debug mode enabled, a warning about "Stored session data" will get posted in the admin, Error Log, System Error Log tab.

About your local server... I do not recall having any session issues when I was running on a Windows box.

I deleted this block now.

I never got an error message though and I am using the same tab of the same browser for everything.

I translated a few phrases after that and did not get logged out. So it did something.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, bsmither said:

Have you enabled a feature on your browser where it changes its "User-Agent" string often? A browser's feature (or addon) would do this to thwart sites from tracking you.

I do not knowingly have something like this. Also I don't think any of my extensions does this.
The strange thing is, that I could work a day or more before without any login, and now with the same browser, tab, everything I got logged out every few minutes.

Archived