Vertical Navigation - Expanded category tree freezing

Russell Hurst

Hello All,

I'm having a further issue with the Vertcial Navigation plugn on my www.ropesdirect.co.uk site;

On a desktop if I open a category page whilst keeping my mouse hovered over the vertical navigation, an expanded category tree can remain frozen on screen. My way of clearing it is to do a F5 screen refresh. Customers mention this is a frustration and I was hoping to find a way to resolve it.

A screenshot is attached showing how the 'clearance offers' remains frozen whilst I was actually looking at the 'coloured polypropylene rope'.

Changing the Expand Effect Speed doesn't seem to help, does anyone have any thoughts on how to resolve this?

Cheers,

Russell

Vertical navigation freezing.png

1 hour ago, bsmither said:

There must be some javascript involved. But I can't find it.

I've just had a quick look and it seems he uses

$('.vnb-sub-cbd').hide();
	$('.has-sub-cbd').hover(function(){
		$(this).children('.vnb-sub-cbd').fadeToggle(100);
	});

So the full menu is loaded including sub menus, then JS is hiding the sub menus but since he has a few sub menus the process of hiding them might be getting interrupted/mixed up or causing a "flicker effect" by a hover event if the mouse remains or is suddenly moved over a hover trigger.

I was going to say that I don't see it on PlushMemories, but after zooming out so that the whole page fits the screen, I find that this Vert Nav also has parts that blinks and has a persisting remnant of a prior selected menu item.

When I do not see it is when the page is 100% zoom, such that the Vert Nav has been pushed below the bottom of the browser window.

Likewise, if I reduce the height of the browser on RopesDirect, such that the entire Vert Nav is below the bottom of the browser window, I don't see the persisting remnant.

I would like to help solving this, but someone is going to have to loan me a copy of the Vert Nav plugin.

What say you, Havenswift?

Bsmither - I had just recently removed this style code from the first line from element.navigation_tree.php that maybe I should have left alone. I couldn't tell that it was doing anything. Now I'm not so sure it wasn't needed.

<li class="has-dropdown" style="width: 100%;"> {* SEMPERFI ADDED WIDTH *}
   <a href="{$BRANCH.url}" title="{$BRANCH.name}">{$BRANCH.name}</a>
   {if isset($BRANCH.children)}
   <ul class="dropdown">
      <li itemprop="name"><label itemprop="url" content="{$BRANCH.url}" rel="{$BRANCH.url}">{$BRANCH.name}</label></li>
      {$BRANCH.children}
   </ul>
   {/if}
</li>

Archived