Stripe Session ID missing

Claudia M

I just made my first sale with Stripe after updating to the latest version 3.0.1 ( 3.0.1 - Stripe session ID validation and SDK upgrade to 7.75.0.)

Though Stripe showed the payment had cleared, in my admin the order stayed at pending. I manually changed it to processing.

The transaction log reads as follows:

Transaction ID             Status Amount           Gateway          Date/Time       Notes

Unknown         Unknown         $29.58             Stripe   Today, 13:07   Stripe session ID missing. Unable to retrieve session data.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing this now with two clients very intermittently - both use Stripe alongside other gateways such as PayPal Standard, POF, PayPal Commerce.  Interestingly a good number of other clients that use Stripe as their sole payment gateway and are using latest 3.0.1, every single payment is going through and updating to processing perfectly

I'm one of those clients that has it happening. Sometimes there's the message that Claudia also showed ("Stripe session ID missing. Unable to retrieve session data"), but mostly there is nothing, so you don't even know that something is going on.

I've been going back and forth with Stripe about this, scaling it up to a specific team (so they claim), but they keep saying it's a CubeCart issue.

Thank you for checking into this.

I don't know if one has to do with the other (probably not ) but I thought I'd throw it out there.  Since I upgraded to CC6.4.2 I get logged out of admin a lot more frequently.  I try to keep it open mostly since I'm usually working on a lot of things.

3 hours ago, Al Brookbanks said:

I released 3.0.2 which stores the elusive stripe session in a cookie instead of session data. This may stabilise it. 

https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/payment-gateways/stripe 

Unfortunately same issue just happened. Same error message: 

"Stripe session ID missing. Unable to retrieve session data."

4 minutes ago, DiMarca Online said:

I had another one today 🤨

The one today was paid by Bancontact (Belgian) and the one yesterday used iDeal (Dutch). Both what I had/have problems with within PayPal Commerce. Maybe there's a connection?

Claudia, was that the case with yours as well?

Thanks for the payment method isn't relevant as far as I can see. It's the checkout session ID as a whole. I'll get onto this again as soon as I can but I have to prorise my time on the tech support helpdesk.

29 minutes ago, Al Brookbanks said:

Thanks for the payment method isn't relevant as far as I can see. It's the checkout session ID as a whole. I'll get onto this again as soon as I can but I have to prorise my time on the tech support helpdesk.

Okay thanks, I just thought it was a coincidence (especially since PayPal Commerce gives me trouble as well with those), but I don't want to send you on a wild goose chase 😄

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived