Unable to retrieve data from drop-down lists in admin panel

Guillaume

Dear all,

I am new here, so apologises if I am stating anything obvious. I am developping a payment plugin, which I installed in my Cubecart project. In the admin panel where I set up the parameters of the plugin, I have several text fields (e.g. "test certificate") and drop-down lists (e.g. "mode") with options ("test", "prod").

These parameters are dealt with by the file skin/admin/index.tpl. While my software perfectly understands any value taken from the text field, it completely fails to understand the drop-down lists. It ignores any value I input on the admin panel.

Here below is an extract of index.tpl (I'd happily provide the whole soft if necessary):

<div><label for="test_key">{$LANG.systempay.test_key}</label><span><input name="module[test_key]" id="test_key" class="textbox" type="text" value="{$MODULE.test_key}" /></span></div>
            <div><label for="prod_key">{$LANG.systempay.prod_key}</label><span><input name="module[prod_key]" id="prod_key" class="textbox" type="text" value="{$MODULE.prod_key}" /></span></div>
            <div><label for="mode">{$LANG.systempay.mode}</label>
                <span>
                    <select name="module[mode]" id="mode">
                        <option value="TEST" {$SELECT_mode_TEST}>{$LANG.systempay.test}</option>
                        <option value="PRODUCTION" {$SELECT_mode_PRODUCTION}>{$LANG.systempay.prod}</option>
                    </select>
                </span>
            </div>

If I change the option/value of module[mode] (e.g. putting "TESTA" instead), it seems to be ignored. Similarly, changing $SELECT_mode_TEST to $SELECT_mode_TESTA is ignored. I was advised to replace

{$SELECT_mode_TEST}

by

{if $MODULE.mode == 'TEST'} selected="selected"{/if}

But unfortunately it did not help. Again, I'm very new here, so apologises if it's something basic I'm missing, but would really appreciate any help! Cheers,

Guillaume

Archived