Social Media Links?

T3Gunner

For CubeCart not accepting any of the general store settings probably means that one or more of the admin-supplied data items is extraordinarily long.

Settings that could get out-of-hand include a really long Offline Message, or a really long Copyright Text.

All the data is probably getting sent from the browser to CubeCart, but then CubeCart wants to "serialize" all that data, and the limit is 64KiB.

You might also want to create the error log to see if CubeCart is complaining about anything.
https://forums.cubecart.com/topic/51550-how-to-create-the-error-log/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bsmither said:

For CubeCart not accepting any of the general store settings probably means that one or more of the admin-supplied data items is extraordinarily long.

Settings that could get out-of-hand include a really long Offline Message, or a really long Copyright Text.

All the data is probably getting sent from the browser to CubeCart, but then CubeCart wants to "serialize" all that data, and the limit is 64KiB.

You might also want to create the error log to see if CubeCart is complaining about anything.
https://forums.cubecart.com/topic/51550-how-to-create-the-error-log/

I'm just trying to change the social links and the Geo settings, these are generic links and should be able to be changed to MY links and info.

Is there a way to just delete the social icons?

Yes, indeed.

Please understand what is happening:

In admin Store Settings, observe the various tabs across the top: General, Features, Layout, Stock, Search Engines, etc.

These tabs drive a javascript function that causes the related panel of info to acquire the CSS property that makes that panel "visible". All other panels of content are not displayed.

When clicking the Save button, all of the form elements on all of the panels of content - visible and not - get sent from the browser.

So, even when you are only changing one or two settings, the web form is still sending all of the form's elements from all of the panels - because Store Settings is, in fact, one very long form that only a part of it is visible at a time.

Your browser's Developer Tools, Network tab can show you the details of what was POSTed to your site.

Edited by bsmither
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, bsmither said:

Yes, indeed.

Please understand what is happening:

In admin Store Settings, observe the various tabs across the top: General, Features, Layout, Stock, Search Engines, etc.

These tabs drive a javascript function that causes the related panel of info to acquire the CSS property that makes that panel "visible". All other panels of content are not displayed.

When clicking the Save button, all of the form elements on all of the panels of content - visible and not - get sent from the browser.

So, even when you are only changing one or two settings, the web form is still sending all of the form's elements from all of the panels - because Store Settings is, in fact, one very long form that only a part of it is visible at a time.

Your browser's Developer Tools, Network tab can show you the details of what was POSTed to your site.

No disrespect but, thats easy for you to say!

What do I need to do to make the changes 'stick'? There should be a simple solution besides going back to AbanteCart (wink)

We need to find out why they aren't 'sticking'.

My experience tells me to first look at those settings that could possibly make the aggregate amount of content larger than 64KiB. Those settings are the Offline Message and Copyright Text.

Then second, look at the error log.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bsmither said:

In admin, Store Settings, Offline tab.

Well, it took me some doing.....BUT......I was able to edit the 'off-line' source code and deleted about 250 lines of non-breaking-space entries and now I am able to edit the social links as well as the geographical info, and all 'stuck'! Is there any reason that there were soooooooo many extra lines of code? I never edited the 'off-line' page.

Thanks bsmither &  AlBrookbanks

1 minute ago, bsmither said:

We are aware of these rogue blank lines appearing in the editor unwanted, but do not yet know how it happens.

I'll just go into the source code and delete the lines again if I have the same issue(s). Thanks again for your insight.

10 minutes ago, Al Brookbanks said:

I wonder if a specific browser plugin could be to blame... messing with the DOM.  

Haven't got a clue! I'll just remember to check the 'off-line' file every once in a while to clear it of all the nbs entries. I can live with it if or until it's fixed.

FYI: I don't use any browser plug-ins

• 1 year later...

I think you can find the answer to this question on YouTube. For sure, someone has already faced the same problem as you. But if you can't find an answer online, you can contact the social network support team, who will give you the answer. Social media has a very high moderation level, which is not surprising. Social media is very versatile and popular all over the world. I use TikTok to make money. I shoot content for motorists, and my videos are interesting to drivers. Gaining my first audience wasn't hard because I turned to famoid.com; I bought likes for my videos on TikTok, promoting my videos.

Edited by kostadinmo

• 7 months later...

It can be frustrating when changes don't save properly. First, make sure you're following the correct steps to save the edits. Some platforms may require you to click a specific save button or confirm the changes before they take effect. Double-checking this can make a difference.It can be frustrating when changes don't save properly. First, make sure you're following the correct steps to save the edits. Some platforms may require you to click a specific save button or confirm the changes before they take effect. Double-checking this can make a difference. If you're still experiencing issues, it's worth reaching out to the support team for assistance. They can provide more specific guidance based on the platform you're using. By the way, while browsing online, I came across a website that offers a service to get real TikTok likes. It might be worth checking out if you're looking to boost your social media presence. I hope this information is helpful to you!

Edited by JackPaul