Memberships

Smithy

G'day All,

I a setting up a shop for an historical society that has an annual membership. As part of the membership dues they mail out two journals per year, the dues include local postage, they also have an eMembership option where those journals are sent electronically. I have setup the eMembership as a digital product and would like to set up the postal Membership as a digital product as well. The problem is the international postage costs need to be somehow charged. They charge a flat $20 rate. Is there a way I can add this cost to international membership using the digital platform? 

I don't want to muck about with postage via weight as they have other items for sale such as books etc, hence the desire to have the membership as a digital product.

I hope that makes sense,

Smithy.

CubeCart will never (if I recall) allow digital items to influence the shipping. So, try to avoid having CubeCart see your "postal Membership" as digital. That could be accomplished by not assigning any file to the product.

Try the Per Category shipping module. https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/shipping-methods/per-category

This module allows the admin to set shipping charges against each distinct category.

So, assign the "postage Membership" product to have a main category that has been created to apply distinct shipping charges.

Hi Brian, 

Thanks for the reply, the only issue is that the membership fee includes postage for Australia and NZ. I need to somehow add the international fee for those members that live elsewhere. I don't want to create a separate "international" membership as I can guarantee that people will click on the wrong membership type.

Take care,

Andrew

Archived