Adding VAT to UK transactions.

violinman

I tried that and yes it does add the VAT but the problem is that it takes no account of the country set in "Tax Rules" which in my case is the United Kingdom, If I do a test purchase from say for example the USA it still adds the VAT which it shouldn't.

Brian

Oh okay, then I think you'd need to add a 0 value, vat for that country, don't think there a default rule, if country not found.

Edit: though when I tested it, worked fine ... huh. Yup Double confirmed, I removed all my 0's and changed the country to some rando ones, still updates correctly.

Are you doing additional VAT or subtractive?

tax2.jpg

That is interesting that you managed to get it to work ok! Maybe I have not tested it properly, I do find that you need to clear the Cubecart cache after any changes you make as it always applies what is in the cache regardless of any changes you make.

This is not urgent as I have found out that I can continue to use margin scheme on all items purchased before Dec. 31st. 2020 and as as that covers most of my stock I am ok for a while. Most of my sales are overseas anyway so zero VAT.

Brian

Archived