Instalments Payment on Cubecart

Guillaume

Hi,

I'm working for developping a payment gateway (Systempay), and I would like to offer payment by instalments. My problem is, the gateways works by sending a form to a URL which is external to Cubecart, and the choice of paying all-at-once or by instalments shall be made when sending the form. Therefore I need, on Cubecart's check-out page (www.mywebsite.com/index.php?_a=checkout) the customer to be able to choose to pay all-at-once, or by instalments.

Today I offer a setting to allow to payment by installment in the admin page of the plug-in, but without any possibility for the customer to choose it, it is a bit useless: either it's always by installments, or never.

An obvious solution would be to create two separate gateway modules (I've seen Systempay does that on e-Commerce frameworks other than Cubecart), but I find it a pity to create two different modules with the only difference being the payment facility.

Does Cubecart offer any possibility to:

• Either allow one module to display several descriptions in the payment methods (in the picture below that would be "Paiement par CB" and "Paiement par CB - Instalments)?
  • Or, within one description in the payment method below, to allow an option?
  • Or, allowing the admin to install two instances of a given plug-in?
  • Or, any other method allowing this choice on Cubecart's check-out page?

Best regards,

Guillaume

The easiest way, by far, is to create twin folders, one for each of the payment methods. As such, you must have distinctly-named folders: /systempay_single/ and /systempay_multi/, for example.

(This is not a problem as far as CubeCart is concerned.)

Each module will have its own admin settings panel.

Also, each module will need to have distinct info in certain of the various XML nodes in config.xml: the <uid>, <name>, and <description>.

Hi,

Thanks a lot - I then decided to go this path, but still factorizing my code (both module would have very similar code, with the exceptions you mentioned above). It however rose another question for me:

I'm closing this topic, and we can continue the discussion there. Regards,

Guillaume

Archived