Paypal Fees

Iztac

hi,

I would like to know if exist a solution about paypal payment when user choose to use this one to increase the price about some 5% for the fees but when choose another method of payment the price stay how was define at start ?

i used paypal commerce...

Customer wanna pay 5$ by paypal => the price increase by 5%

Customer wanna pay 5$ by transfert bank => the price stay as normal...

Thank you

I am sure it can be done, but we must strongly urge you to review your merchant contract with PayPal.

(I am not sure about PayPal, but...) The major credit cards will complain bitterly if they find out a merchant has added a surcharge to card transactions.

I have heard that offering a discount for Cash transactions may work.

i understand but the solution as many made is then you TICK the paypal Radio Button , the price refresh automaticly and after it's the customer to click on accept and continue the transaction, with that anyone can't said nothing , it's not to said 5$ and charge 6$ without the permission of the customers, with that it's the same he give his agreement....

If they can choose to pay either $5 OR $6 while still paying by PayPal then that *might* be acceptable but if you think that simply choosing PayPal allows you to add $1 then that breaches their and most card providers T&C.  In addition, adding card processing fees to the total is illegal in U.K. and whole of EU

14 hours ago, havenswift-hosting said:

If they can choose to pay either $5 OR $6 while still paying by PayPal then that *might* be acceptable but if you think that simply choosing PayPal allows you to add $1 then that breaches their and most card providers T&C.  In addition, adding card processing fees to the total is illegal in U.K. and whole of EU

ok but i'm living in Mexico and that it's totaly legal :)

imagine here they make same in fisical shop, if you paid en cash no problem but if you wanna paid by card they charge you a rate % of transaction....

• 1 year later...

Well I have a question.  Say I have 3 of an item and list one on eBay, one on Etsy, and one in my webstore.  I usually charge less for the one in my store because the fees are cheaper.  Maybe even less on Etsy because the eBay fees are higher. Are you saying I could get in trouble for this?