Minimaliser Skin

Cindy

Hi all,  I am hoping someone can help me.  I am using minimaliser as a skin and it works fine except the Login/Register buttons at the top.  If I click on it it takes me to login.html and says 404 Page not found on both.  But if I register a customer on the admin site and login from admin it takes me to a index.php?_a=login.  How do I change the URLs of the Login and Register buttons on the front end to take the customers to the correct login/register pages and not to the 404? Please can someone assist 

Welcome Cindy! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

If your website is hosted, the hosting company has probably provided you with a Control Center to manage the site's contents. If so, there will be a file text editor.

Using a programmer's text editor, make the following changes to these skin templates:

box.session.php
Line 28:
<a href="{$STORE_URL}/login.html" class="button white small nopad-sides">{$LANG.account.login}</a> / <a href="{$STORE_URL}/register.html" class="button white small nopad-sides">{$LANG.account.register}</a>
To:
<a href="{$STORE_URL}/login{$CONFIG.seo_ext}" class="button white small nopad-sides">{$LANG.account.login}</a> / <a href="{$STORE_URL}/register{$CONFIG.seo_ext}" class="button white small nopad-sides">{$LANG.account.register}</a>

box.search.php
Line 13:
<form action="{$STORE_URL}/search.html" id="search_form" method="get">
To:
<form action="{$STORE_URL}/search{$CONFIG.seo_ext}" id="search_form" method="get">

box.off_canvas.left.php
Line 28:
<li><a href="{$STORE_URL}/login.html">{$LANG.account.login} / {$LANG.account.register}</a></li>
To:
<li><a href="{$STORE_URL}/login{$CONFIG.seo_ext}">{$LANG.account.login} / {$LANG.account.register}</a></li>

box.navigation.php
Line 25:
<li><a href="{$STORE_URL}/gift-certificates.html" title="{$LANG.navigation.giftcerts}">{$LANG.navigation.giftcerts}</a></li>
To:
<li><a href="{$STORE_URL}/gift-certificates{$CONFIG.seo_ext}" title="{$LANG.navigation.giftcerts}">{$LANG.navigation.giftcerts}</a></li>
Line 28:
<li><a href="{$STORE_URL}/sale-items.html" title="{$LANG.navigation.saleitems}">{$LANG.navigation.saleitems}</a></li>
To:
<li><a href="{$STORE_URL}/sale-items{$CONFIG.seo_ext}" title="{$LANG.navigation.saleitems}">{$LANG.navigation.saleitems}</a></li>

Archived