Possible to create a multivariation listing in CubeCart?

cubicsquare

An advertisement? Do you mean an advert placement on another web site, that when clicked on, under some javascript control, will "inform" a CubeCart installation to add that item, the quantity of that item, and the item's options (somehow) chosen, to a Shopping Basket? While still staying on the site where the ad is placed?

If so, then when the customer arrives at the CubeCart installation, there won't be the necessary cookie to identify that browser to the session containing the shopping basket.

If the ad is actually a link and does actually take the browser to the store site, that might be workable.

Hi there, no, just basics:

On my shopping cart i display my inventory in the form of one page per item - this is what l call an "ad".

However, l want the option of this "ad" actually displaying a plethora of items, sort of like when a hustler opens his trenchcoat and shows you his inventory. You can take your pick of what's there, instead of going from place to place, it's all in one place.

Do you know what a multivariation listing is? E.g. on eBay?

That's what i mean.

If I understand your description above, then this may be what you are wanting:

You would assign a 'plethora' of items to a named category. That category would be listed on the Navigation Bar. When viewing that category, the 'plethora' of items will be shown as a list, or grid, of panels. There would be several such categories, each with a 'plethora' of items shown (not necessarily a unique set).

Hi there,

Nope, this is what l mean:

On my website you will find an item for sale, called "Glitter - many colours - £1 per 50g tube!"

You click that advert or item if you prefer to call it that.

Then you see the product page / item page / advert displayed.

It will say: "Glitter - many colours - £1 per 50g tube!"

You will see a pull-down menu.

The pull-down menu will be populated thus:

Brick Red

Martian Red

Blood Red

Grass Green

Olive Green

Lime Green

Royal Blue

Sky Blue

Navy Blue

Neon Yellow

Buttercup Yellow

Pale Yellow

You will click as many of these colours as you wish, with each click adding that colour to your basket.

Maybe if you click the same colour twice, you'll get 2 of that colour in your basket, l don't know.

But basically, that is what l mean by a multivariation listing.

Got it!

That would require just a bit of custom coding in the 'content.product.php' and 'element.product_options.php' templates.

All the data is available in these templates -- the data just needs to be reconfigured into distinct 'submit-able' buttons for each option assigned to the main product.

The list of choices could be a drop-down selector, but might be better as a grid/list of keywords or color blobs.

But that brings up a issue that a product can have several types of options assigned to it.

For example: Size (S,M,L,XL), Color: (Green, Red, Yellow, Black). This results in a 4X4 grid and is easily displayed (pigeonhole).

But then add: Neck (Crew-Neck, V-Neck, Polo-Neck). Scaling up a grid is difficult to do without some innovative javascript to get it displayed.

However, when(if) that can be done, we now have a path to blank out those option combinations (pigeonholes) that are out of stock.

Hi there, it's quite simple to me, each advert (aka product page, item page, what ever) has one axis.

So:

Product page #1: Buy 50ml Glitter - many colours!

Product page #2: Buy 500ml MEGA tub of glitter with special dispenser - many colours!

Product page #3: Buy glitter-covered greeting card - many colours!

So you see, each product page has one axis = the various colours.

The other axis of glitter container size is represented by different product pages in themselves ... with added axis of various colours to choose from.

Another axis of glitter related products is represented by ... you guessed it, a different product page (in this case, glitter-coated greetings card) ... with added axis of various colours to choose from.

This is what l mean, it's so simple:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183701786377

Note also how clicking on one drop down menu option also calls up its corresponding photo from the photo carousel to the left .... but l'm not demanding this feature, l'm keeping it simple, l just want a way to create a drop down menu for multivariations.

Multivariations are a standard feature IMO, many carts and online marketplaces have them as standard columns in their upload spreadsheets. If you don't cater for multivariations by default, then people can't translate inventory into your cart ... so you risk isolation.

As for out of stock options, that could either be done by chatting with a multichannel inventory management software creator (l'm thinking of names like Nembol, Linnworks, Shopify? Bigcommerce? Sellro, etc. etc. etc. there are so many, spanning every price bracket, but managing your stock levels across all platforms that you sell on is one of their most basic functions that's why so many softwares can be approached to work with your platform, because they all have stock level management as a basic function)

... or by uploading CSV (bear in mind that low stock level warnings can be set fairly high to give ample notice, so even if CubeCart won't integrate with any inventory management softwares, your other platforms that do integrate will give you ample warning when you're running low on stock, and so you can quickly update CubeCart with a CSV ahead of your usual CSV update day).

NOTE: OK l'll admit the eBay ad l posted just now isn't the best example, because in itself, it integrates 2 axes (size and colour) but imagine an advert with just one pulldown menu ... that's all l ask really.

The ability to create ads with 2 pulldown menus like the eBay one l just posted would be amazing but l'm not wanting to complicate matters ...

Multivariations and "Buy N Get X FREE" promos, that's all that's stopping me selling mass produced low value items on CubeCart.

When l first started playing with CubeCart, my inventory was secondhand one-off stuff, so l could upload straight to CubeCart and leave it at that, but what l want to sell now is as l say: mass produced low value stuff. It can only be done with Buy N Get X Free (selling single items is actually lower profit than specific Buy N Get X Free deals) and it would help tempt buyers if they saw a multivariation ad instead of a single product, but l need both - have single products as the bedrock of the shop, but promoted above all would be the mutlivariation ads, they'd be at the fore, so to speak.

Gah ...

Well, OK, your description above - an option type, Color - as a drop-down selector is entirely within CubeCart's wheelhouse. Please see:

https://demo.cubecart.com/cc6/3d-glasses-tdg-br200/w.html.html

and note the drop-down selector for Colour. (Also note the Quantity Discounts - not BuyXGetY, but just to point it out.)

When all options are chosen off of their "Please Select" choice, there is an ajax call back to the store to get an updated price and stock level.

CubeCart has some existing code that would implement a distinct image per option combination, but nowhere near being complete.

This plugin may be of interest:

https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/plugins/product-option-images

As to the BuyXGetY solution, I find a few stores have that. I'm trying to install Drupal Commerce to check it out, but as with most things Linux and Me, that DC ain't getting installed all that easily.

Thanks so much, l was actually wondering why l hadn't mentioned the pulldown options menu or lack thereof, before. Probably because l had seen it already.

What is the column heading called in the upload spreadsheet? Product Type? Product Value?

It'd be great if you could figure out a basic Buy N Get X Free code snippet or something!

Unfortunately, product options is a complicated beast. Options, currently, cannot accompany the products that are to be uploaded via a spreadsheet.

This feature (exported list to include options) has been on the books for a long time.

I would ask that you read these threads. Please follow up with questions if you need more guidance.

https://forums.cubecart.com/topic/51635-product-options/
https://forums.cubecart.com/topic/47004-product-options-and-stock-levels-how/
https://forums.cubecart.com/topic/50884-options-matrix-how-does-this-work/

Eddifying, thanks.

Please alert me if CubeCart ever has products coded into the inventory upload spreadsheet, because that's the only way it will play with other carts - l want to start out selling via a spectrum of different carts, before maybe narrowing down the number of carts, but even then, it will be multiple carts and thus inventory will need to be transferrable between them, either as .csv or via an inventory management software.

What you currently have, will not respond to changes in, say, my Amazon stock level for the same item.

• 4 months later...

I am  so not techy...and have a very small store in a rural community...the wholesaler I deal with is now requiring me to make a website  (I didn't order enough product last year---sales down due to COVID)  I just need to quickly set up a shopping cart type webpage before they will allow me to order again.  I entered inventory with pictures, added prices, MAX order will not stay blank so I et veryhting to 100, I cannot find where to make a drop down list for optional colors or sizes. I currently ask customers to enter color choices in the direction box that appears at checkout...wholesaler says not good enough, I must have drop down list.....grrrr.....I've been trying to order since the end of Oct......  www.scrapsoflove.ca     PLEASE will someone tell me how to do this....THANK YOU !!!!!    

Hi Evelyn   Options ...lets look at colours.. eg for your Fabric Ink...

Left side admin screen under 'Inventory' choose Product Options

A 3 stage process... you need to firstly create Option Groups .. this could be colour, size, weight etc... in this case, Colour so

Group Name > Colour

Description  (Optional)

Group Type > I suggest 'radio button'

Required > put a tick in the box

There is nearly always a little green PLUS Icon at the far far right of a line, most people miss this ... seems not at this point so

Click SAVE and CLEAR CACHE

Do this step and come back here....

2 hours ago, Ropes said:

Hi Evelyn   Options ...lets look at colours.. eg for your Fabric Ink...

Left side admin screen under 'Inventory' choose Product Options

A 3 stage process... you need to firstly create Option Groups .. this could be colour, size, weight etc... in this case, Colour so

Group Name > Colour

Description  (Optional)

Group Type > I suggest 'radio button'

Required > put a tick in the box

There is nearly always a little green PLUS Icon at the far far right of a line, most people miss this ... seems not at this point so

Click SAVE and CLEAR CACHE

Do this step and come back here....

done.....now where do I put the color options for this product?   Will I have to do this part for each inventory item with multiple choices?   thank you

Evelyn

You have created an Option Group called Colours

Now you need to input the colours

Click the Option Attributes tab

You should only have Colours in the next box. (When you have entered another Option Group you will see and select it in that box)

So you are now going to enter all the colours you have

See Add new attribute? and underneath is Name. There is a feint box to the right and a plus sign in a green circle

Enter one of your colours in the box and tick the green circle

Enter your next colour etc... you will see the list growing...

When all colours are entered (don't forget the plus each time) click SAve

Clear cache

Come back when this is done

For any product using colours as a choice you will select from this Group, so you only need to do this once for each Option (in this case Colour) you may have across all your products. For example you may have a colour of ribbon or cardboard which is not one of the dye colours... enter those colours now as well!  ie, enter all colours from any product you carry and we will use them later. Saves doing this step (adding colours) later on.

cheers

thank you so much.....Tim Holtz i think has 66 colors of one of his ink types......I might be a gonner before I get all of this entered....lol     would you have any idea why I get a verificzation error when the CONTACT US is used?

Thanks Evelyn ... you probably won't be stocking all 66 colours? Now if the inks come in different sizes as well as colours you might be better to list the inks as separate products (colourwise) and having the size as the option?

any idea why I get a verificzation error when the CONTACT US is used?  No, never come across this error

So, ready for Step 3?

So I see you have   Ink Refill- Alloys as a product

Select Inventory > products > Ink refill - Alloys

Choose the OPTIONS tab

In the Add New Options box, select eg, red ( I expect you would have added red as a colour in step 2) then click the white + in the green circle

Leave all boxes as they are

Continue to add the colours available for this product

Click Save, Clear Cache and log in to your store as a customer to check. If you are already logged in as a customer you would need to refresh your browser to see any changes

The beauty of this option system is if you run out of a certain colour, on the products option tab, untick the status box, the item will not show in store. Stops customers buying a product you do not have

cheers

Archived