Zero Stock but still being ordered

toast691

Occasionally on our website we get products ordered that are out of stock - We use the 'Stock Level' function and set it to 0 when something is not available then un-tick 'Use Stock Level' to make something available again.

Despite doing this we still get the odd product being ordered that has a zero stock level and the box ticked to use stock level.. Is this something others experience or a known bug in cubecart? 

Stami

Many, many versions ago, I recall this being an issue.

Lately, however, a problem that does occasionally happen is that the customer puts the last of an item in the cart (inventory is monitored), then at some point during checkout, CubeCart will verify the basket contents, see that there is zero stock remaining of that item, causing CubeCart to remove it from the basket. (Either this problem has been solved, or it is soon to be solved.)

Please verify if the customer added the product to their basket while there was some of that product in stock. It may be tricky to figure that out. The easiest way to verify is to have a conversation with the customer.

I have had what you describe happen to me with the customer adding to cart before we take it offline and they still get the product on the order. Often it's hard to know exactly how it has occurred but this time was obvious.

Product was last updated 2nd June 2021 so presuming that's when it was put to 0 stock count and the customer ordered on 27th July so last week.

We are on version 6.4.2 of cubecart.

The 27th of July is not "last week". Still, if the dates are somewhat correct, that's two months of a time span.

Is this product still at zero stock level, and has the "Use stock level" settings set?

Can you try to make an order similar to what this customer did?

I will try to replicate this.

19 hours ago, bsmither said:

Many, many versions ago, I recall this being an issue.

Lately, however, a problem that does occasionally happen is that the customer puts the last of an item in the cart (inventory is monitored), then at some point during checkout, CubeCart will verify the basket contents, see that there is zero stock remaining of that item, causing CubeCart to remove it from the basket. (Either this problem has been solved, or it is soon to be solved.)

Please verify if the customer added the product to their basket while there was some of that product in stock. It may be tricky to figure that out. The easiest way to verify is to have a conversation with the customer.

That shouldn't be an issue. It checks stock regularly during checkout. I believe it will check just before creating the order and reducing.

There is a setting to allow out of stock purchases. I expect that's the issue. 

Sorry Bsmither - The last few days have been very long days at work. It was 27th August not July. I immediately tried to replicate the order but I was not able to. The product was still at 0 stock count with "Use Stock Setting' selected when I checked it

Php is 7.4.22

SQL is 5.7.35

• 3 months later...

Almost the same problem here for years now, but never had the time to look into it....

When a customer re-orders and a product with status to zero (unthicked) and even available for purchase to zero (unthicked) a customer can order.. Without any problems...
Only when he re-orders... 

The option Allow physical orders even if no shipping options are available is enabled

@Al Brookbanks If interested in setting etc... The support account is still active since the last time we stumbled on a slight problem...

Running on:

Databaseserver
  • Server: DA PMA Signon (Localhost via UNIX socket)
  • Servertype: MariaDB
  • Serververbinding: SSL wordt niet gebruikt Documentatie
  • Serverversie: 10.3.27-MariaDB - MariaDB Server
  • Protocolversie: 10
  • Gebruiker: xxxxxxxxxxQ@localhost
  • Karakterset van server: cp1252 West European (latin1)
Webserver
  • Apache/2
  • Cliëntversie van database: libmysql - mysqlnd 7.4.24
  • PHP-uitbreiding: mysqli Documentatie curl Documentatie mbstring Documentatie
  • PHP-versie: 7.4.24

Archived