PayPal Commerce cPanel Error

Claudia M

I was out of town over the weekend and just got a chance to look at my error log.  There are some that aren't important but these PayPal Commerce are concerning.  I have the latest version installed.  Do I need to do anything?  Thanks in advance

[09-Oct-2021 11:50:47 America/Louisville] PHP Warning:  curl_error() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in /home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/modules/plugins/paypal_commerce/paypal.class.php on line 822
[09-Oct-2021 11:50:47 America/Louisville] PHP Warning:  Failed to update PayPal Commerce Order. Curl error:  in /home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/modules/plugins/paypal_commerce/paypal.class.php on line 822
[09-Oct-2021 11:50:48 America/Louisville] PHP Warning:  curl_error() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in /home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/modules/plugins/paypal_commerce/paypal.class.php on line 822
[09-Oct-2021 11:50:48 America/Louisville] PHP Warning:  Failed to update PayPal Commerce Order. Curl error:  in /home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/modules/plugins/paypal_commerce/paypal.class.php on line 822
[09-Oct-2021 11:51:32 America/Louisville] PHP Warning:  curl_error() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in /home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/modules/plugins/paypal_commerce/paypal.class.php on line 822
[09-Oct-2021 11:51:32 America/Louisville] PHP Warning:  Failed to update PayPal Commerce Order. Curl error:  in /home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/modules/plugins/paypal_commerce/paypal.class.php on line 822
[09-Oct-2021 11:51:33 America/Louisville] PHP Warning:  curl_error() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in /home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/modules/plugins/paypal_commerce/paypal.class.php on line 822
[09-Oct-2021 11:51:33 America/Louisville] PHP Warning:  Failed to update PayPal Commerce Order. Curl error:  in /home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/modules/plugins/paypal_commerce/paypal.class.php on line 822
[09-Oct-2021 11:51:46 America/Louisville] PHP Warning:  curl_error() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in /home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/modules/plugins/paypal_commerce/paypal.class.php on line 822
[09-Oct-2021 11:51:46 America/Louisville] PHP Warning:  Failed to update PayPal Commerce Order. Curl error:  in /home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/modules/plugins/paypal_commerce/paypal.class.php on line 822
[09-Oct-2021 11:51:59 America/Louisville] PHP Warning:  curl_error() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in /home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/modules/plugins/paypal_commerce/paypal.class.php on line 822
[09-Oct-2021 11:51:59 America/Louisville] PHP Warning:  Failed to update PayPal Commerce Order. Curl error:  in /home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/modules/plugins/paypal_commerce/paypal.class.php on line 822

The comments in that GitHub issue mention lines 796 and 822, but only 796 was fixed.

But I am wondering what the response from PayPal actually was:

if (empty($result) && $request->server_response_code == 204) {

These requests should be getting logged. Are there any relevant entries in the Request Log?

I have come to believe that PayPal's "Unprocessable Entity" claim is that one or more items of data sent to PayPal was outside the range of acceptable values. But what that data item is causing the consternation is not revealed.

So, on the 9th... Same time marks? (Might be hard to read because the table's Date column might not be wide enough.

As long as the minutes are nearly identical between these log entries and the entries in the error log.

You can use the mouse to swipe across the date:time - the swiping will also catch a bit of the message - copy the swiped selection to the clipboard, then paste the clipboard contents to a text editor. The complete contents will be shown.

Archived